Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PostScript File Incorrect Size

Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am trying to print a 14"x8" color separated image for screen printing by printing to a PostScript file and then using Distiller to convert to a PDF. However, when I print to the PostScript file, it always comes out as 8.5"x11" which cuts off a lot of the image. When I save it just as a PDF, however, it saves the correct dimensions. Is there a setting I am missing to make this export correctly?

TOPICS
Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

The PPD should be the actual device that reads the PostScript. Not the eventual device. So that means in this case the actual device is Distiller, and you should use the Distiller PPD. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the printer listed in the PPD capable of printing a legal sized print? Can you try another PPD?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know it is. I am just preparing these files and then sending them to the printer, and this was the printer they told me they use. Do you have another one that you would recommend?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Took some doing to figure out how to install it, but this worked. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good to hear that helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you use the Distiller PPD with the Media Size set to Custom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The PPD should be the actual device that reads the PostScript. Not the eventual device. So that means in this case the actual device is Distiller, and you should use the Distiller PPD. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines