Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

PostScript Printer PPD Issue

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An issue selecting a printer PPD in Illustrator is preventing PostScript printing. The printer is a Ricoh IM C4500 with PostScript Level 3 RIP built-in. macOS Monterey with Ricoh drivers install and print correctly except from within Illustrator (26.0.1).

PPD is not selectable and Print as Bitmap is selected and deselecting does not change the setting.

AI-Print.jpg

Choosing Adobe PostScript file activates the PPD

PS-file.jpg

Illustrator is not seeing the Ricoh as a PostScript printer and I haven't figured out a workaround.

I know this is most likely a Ricoh/Monterey issue but I appreciate any suggestions.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update -

An office MacBook Pro with macOS 11.6 has both old (1.2) and new (3.0) versions of the Ricoh driver. Illustrator can see the PPD with 1.2 and can not see the PPD with 3.0. I think this isolates the issue to the latest Ricoh driver.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines