Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preferences window too big on Macbook

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello community,

I'm new to Adobe world and I'm taking some Adobe Ai courses. Thing is when I open the preferences menu to edit the UI, be it scale down the icons or change the interface colour, the window pop up itself is too big and won't let me resize it. 

I try to scale it down by dragging the corner but it makes that dull sound that the window cannot be selected. I can move it around and I actually have to because it's too big it goes off screen. Is there a way to resize this? It's riving me insane.

Captura de Pantalla 2021-10-19 a la(s) 7.11.44.png

Thank you

(Also additional question, is there no UI scaling in Adobe Ai 2021??)

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How large is your screen?

Do you have anything special set up in System preferences about UI size?

Yes, there is UI scaling in Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Monika

My computer is a 12 inch macbook. I have also just deleted my whole computer, reset it to factory settings and installed the newest macOS Big Sur due to malware, so all the system preferences are at default right now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

12" may just be very small. I have a 13" and even that fits just barely sometimes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a new Adobe install? May need a prefs reset.

What happens if you minimize the Illy app window first, and then select prefs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a first time install yeah, never had the program before. And nothing different happens with Ai minimised, the preferences window is still big and won't let me scale it down 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'd try a pref reset.

If that doesn't work you might want to uninstall, run the cleaner tool, then re-install

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines