• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with Arabic - English version of Illustrator

Explorer ,
Sep 03, 2022 Sep 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having trouble with Arabic typing in Illustrator and so I searched in the community and found out that the Arabic version of Ai should be installed for typing Arabic correctly. I did so and installed it. But nothing happened it's the same. The paragraph panel is supposed to change and it hasn't. 

Yusuf5C97_0-1662188504177.png

This is how an Arabic version of the paragraph panel looks like.

But mine is like this:

Yusuf5C97_1-1662188654998.png

Do I have to uninstall the English version to get this?

Please help.

TOPICS
Performance , Tools , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Follow the below steps if you want to remove the existing copy of Illustrator from your machine and download a fresh one with Arabic support…

ZaidAlHilali_0-1662367144453.jpeg

1. From the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop menu, click on All Apps to view a list of installed Adobe applications
  2. Click the three ellipses shown beside each installed application
  3. Choose Uninstall to remove the non-Arabic application
  4. Once ALL installed applications have been uninstalled/removed, click on the “Account” icon found on the top right corner of the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 03, 2022 Sep 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will probably have to uninstall the English version.

When there are multiple languages installed, then Illustrator decides which language to use based upon the system language. If you set the system language to English, then Illustrator will launch in English.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need to uninstall the existing Illustrator version from your machine. You can download an older version for Arabic Jobs.

This is a screenshot from my machine, I have two copies of Ai and Id for English-only jobs where I share files with other English-only users. And another copy with Middle Eastern capabilities that handle Arabic, Arabic/English jobs.

Screen Shot 2022-09-05 at 12.31.26 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Follow the below steps if you want to remove the existing copy of Illustrator from your machine and download a fresh one with Arabic support…

ZaidAlHilali_0-1662367144453.jpeg

1. From the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop menu, click on All Apps to view a list of installed Adobe applications
  2. Click the three ellipses shown beside each installed application
  3. Choose Uninstall to remove the non-Arabic application
  4. Once ALL installed applications have been uninstalled/removed, click on the “Account” icon found on the top right corner of the Creative Cloud desktop application and choose “Preferences”
  5. In the newly opened Preferences dialogue window, click on “Apps” in the left pane
  6. Scroll down to the bottom of the window, from the “Default install Language” drop menu choose English يدعم العربية in order to have Arabic support in Adobe applications, then click the “Done” button.

ZaidAlHilali_2-1662367144453.jpeg

Now you may proceed to install Adobe applications once again.

• Alternatively, you may download another copy of Illustrator that supports Arabic besides the existing copy…

Follow steps 4,5, & 6 as in above to change the language for the application(s) you're going to install now, then

1. Click on the three ellipses on the right most of the Illustrator application

2. Choose "Other versions"

ZaidAlHilali_4-1662367144453.jpeg

3. From the small pop up window, choose an older copy of Illustrator since you cannot have two copies of the same version,

ZaidAlHilali_6-1662367144455.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines