• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Progress Bar "Processing" Keeps Popping Up in Illustrator v26.4.1

Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting this "Progress" bar upon opening Illustrator and it prevents me from doing anything. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing the application, restarting etc.. nothing seems to get rid of it! It's happening on my work computer that's running Windows 10 Enterprise. 

I hope something can be done as I primarly use Illustrator for my projects!

Thanks so much,

Sam 

Annotation 2022-08-08 150836.png

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Hi @sam.t @dianae63580053 @MrBill812 @David Greusel 

We are sorry for the trouble. This has been reported on multiple posts by many users. We have logged a bug with the product team and will like to investigate the issue further. Would you mind sharing a few details like:

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This exact thing. Just started happening today. Couple of uninstall/reinstall cycles have not helped solve the problem.

Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to know I'm not the only one! Wild that it just started for you today too... hopefully someone will know 😕 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing was happening to me today. Uninstalling & reinstalling did not help (26.4.1).
I had to go back to the previous version (26.3.1).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me indica como volver a la versipón anterior por favor, gracias

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Abra Creative Cloud y haga clic con el botón derecho en la versión de Illustrator que ha instalado; verá una opción para ver "otras versiones". (Perdón por la mala traducción, ¡solo uso el traductor de Google!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

¡Gracias!

Lo entendí muy bien 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

¡Oh sí! Encantado de ayudarle 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep. I've had the same thing happen and I'm absolutely stuck. Illustrator 2022 has been very unstable and obviously wasn't properly tested or ready for release. Very frustrated and disappointed. I also need it fixed ASAP! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for saving my life guys, completely uninstalling 26.4.1 and then roll back to v. 26.3.1 works like a charm!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstalling latest version and going back to 26.3.1 seems to have resolved my issue. Thanks, community!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here! 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice! Unfortuately Illustrator will not let me Update or Uninstall. Yikes! Photoshop will not even update. It's been in waiting mode since this morning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @sam.t @dianae63580053 @MrBill812 @David Greusel 

We are sorry for the trouble. This has been reported on multiple posts by many users. We have logged a bug with the product team and will like to investigate the issue further. Would you mind sharing a few details like:

In the meantime, you may roll back and install the older v26.3.1.

Looking forward to your responses.

Thanks & Regards,
Anshul Saini

#Marking it correct to highlight

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anshul! Thanks for your reply 🙂 Yikes yes it looks like a lot of people are experiencing this! 

Here are the details you requested from my end: 

- Windows OS Build Number: 19043.1826 ,  Most recent version of illustrator

- Happening with all files. Have noticed glitchy / crashing behaviour for the past couple weeks, but this process bar is new today - I didn't really put the two together until I've read other's posts about it.

- I unfortunatley don't have access to the dump files as I don't have admin powers, but hoping someone else on the thread can!  

Hope this helps - glad to know falling back on the older version is an option for now. 

Thanks!

Sam 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 Pro, Build 19044.1865

Happened with both old & new files while using Version 26.4.1

Sorry, no dump files. I did a clean install of previous version 26.3.1 in order to solve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks mrBill812! i started having problems this afternoon and thought it was me... ugh... i did a clean install of the version you suggested and so far so good. thanks for the suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Windows 11 here and I was able to revert back to a previous version. I actually went back further than suggested as I've had several crashes in the past week or so. I was able to get the job I needed to done and move forward with the older version. 

For me, it didn't matter what file I opened. They all just reverted to the crash recovery "processing" bar where it got stuck. The file it got stuck on opened fine once I reverted back to an older version (thankfully!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

The recent update (8/9/2022) of Adobe illustartor on Windows 10 keeps crashing immediatly after i attempt to open saved files (newly saved ones as well as one saved prior to the update). I read similar posts before typing mine up. Please fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the last update, 3 days ago, when I try to open an AI file, the program starts and crashes immendiately; when I start Illustrator and try to open a file directly from Illustrator, the program crashes after a few minutes, sometime a few seconds...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Support community,

I just wanted to let you know that I have been experiencing all day crash after crash with illustrator.  All the others were ok. I tried all: Safe mode, admin mode, reinstall, update drivers and softwares, etc.  Nothing work and the information provided here was not clear. Then I runned my old CS6 and it was running very smoothly so I realize that perhaps the solution is to install a prevous version.  So far, it's working. So I believe that the latest version has a glitch that need to be addressed.  I lost a whole day and I'm sure Abobe will not refund this time from the mony I monthly pay to receive from Adobe a good service.

I  am sharing my solution thinking that perhaps there are others like me, lost.

Sergio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hola, el dia de hoy quise abrir el Illustrator para continuar con un trabajo que ya habia empezado hacer.. pero inesperadamente se cierra. No tengo actualizaciones pendientes, ya reinicie varias veces la computadora y no puedo ni crear un archivo nuevo  ni abrir uno porque lo cierra sin darme la oportunidad de trabajar algo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is up with Illustrator 2022? I've had more problems with it crashing than I've ever had with any other Adobe product. I'm now dead in the water. I've tried everything from rebooting to reinstalling the app and nothing has worked. No matter what I've tried, it just gets stuck in an endless loop of "processing" after recovering from a crash. Please help! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is frustrating! Can't open it without  Progress: Processing... popping up and the progress bar stalls right away. Stop button doesn't do anything. Can I assume if i drop back a version that the new document will be incompatible? The worst!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you drop back a version it will still be compatible as it was not a 'Major' release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines