• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Progress Bar "Processing" Keeps Popping Up in Illustrator v26.4.1

Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting this "Progress" bar upon opening Illustrator and it prevents me from doing anything. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing the application, restarting etc.. nothing seems to get rid of it! It's happening on my work computer that's running Windows 10 Enterprise. 

I hope something can be done as I primarly use Illustrator for my projects!

Thanks so much,

Sam 

Annotation 2022-08-08 150836.png

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Hi @sam.t @dianae63580053 @MrBill812 @David Greusel 

We are sorry for the trouble. This has been reported on multiple posts by many users. We have logged a bug with the product team and will like to investigate the issue further. Would you mind sharing a few details like:

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, as per others here same issue. Had a windows update this morning so thought that had something to do with it or a bug in the files I was trying to open. Uninstalled and re-installed the previous version and all good now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here... and no luck. Glad that I am not alone. Lost a whole days worth of work.... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, cannot save client files to export (PDF) format for delivery without this occurring.  Screenshot attached.

Latest version of Illustrator (26.4.1) and Windows 11 21H2 (build 22000.795)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Roll back to the previous version of 26.3.1 & you should be O.K.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting, the older version I've reverted back to is 26.4. I assume the lastest was 26.4.1? What ever it was it wouldn't work, all good now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, just got a notification to update (again) to 26.4.1. I'll pass on that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem! i think it was a problem of my computer and uninstall/reinstall a couple of times but didn`t work. The progress bar won't let me do anything else until I force stop the program. Please do something! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just uninstall and reinstall a previous version, as per above comments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same issue, crossing my fingers they fix in soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read the previous comments. Only fix at this stage is to uninstall and reinstall a previous version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's happening to me it seems because of recovery files. If I had a file open and force quit the program with task manager, (which is generally my way of closing the program at the end of the day) upon re-opening if I don't hit the cancel recovery button pretty quick, I get the processing status bar that goes nowhere. I have uninstalled/reinstalled with no luck. Did not clear preferences yet...but my illustrtaor has crashed twice today just randomly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Force quit is not a good way to end any application. Usually Illustrator will save the preferences file when you close it as a part of the properly executed ending. So when you interrupt the proper close cycle or even prevent it altogether, it might end in chaos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. I've been doing it that way for years. No different than power randomly shutting off, which happens often enough in the rural area in which I live. It does force the program to load recovered files (which are essentially different files than what I saved, so I can just close them after review) but that is my whole reason for doing so...to see where I was and what all I was working on the day before. I have never had an issue until today, when many others are experiencing same issue. I just updated yesterday for first time in a few months also. I rolled back a version and things are working as intended now 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reinstall an older version, should fix the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, just saw your last comment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I had the same issues. Illustrator would crash upon opening it or I would get a "Processing..." message.

I have unistalled the newest version and went back to the previous version of Illustrator, so far it seems to be working.

Thank you for the information. 

Does anyone know when it will be "Safe" to update to the latest version??

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know when it will be "Safe" to update to the latest version??

By @SMP23

So far I would assume they are investigating if there even is an issue or if it's just the preferences that need to be reset. Also this doesn't seem to affect everyone (and that's where it gets complicated).

So if you want to be notified of a possible solution, watch the forum regularly - I would expect a solution to be posted here. Or check out if there is already a bug report on uservoice. Then you can vote for it, which subscribes you to all the updates.

http://illustrator.uservoice.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the information. I will keep the older version 26.3.1 for now until the issue is resolved. The new version 26.4.1 was working OK until today, I did not change anything at my end, I hope there is a solution that will allow a successful update. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see the latest update is 26.5. Anyone know if the issue is fixed or shall I still avoid updating for now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

26.5 seems to be O.K.

I kept 26.3.1 loaded just in case but have not had any issues with 26.5 so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. Updating it now. If anything just to get rid of the annoying pop-up every morning!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines