Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Project Lincoln - status?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2019 Jun 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

Let me preface this by stating I didn't know where to posit this question as it's not a product yet (to my knowledge). But it fits best in the Illustrator forum I think as it relates to making Infographics.

The company I work for is very much interested in the status of "Project Lincoln". It was presented by Bernard Kerr back in October 2017 at Adobe Max's "Sneak Peeks". I have tried to find out the status of this but haven't gotten anywhere.

link: Peek Behind the Sneaks: #ProjectLincoln— Super Powered Data Visualization | Adobe Blog

Is this still being developed, or was it migrated into an already existing product that I'm not aware of?

Could anyone shed some light on this? The response was overwhelmingly positive in the comments, so I'm hoping this wasn't dropped.

Regards,

Tom

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2019 Jun 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone from Adobe needs to chime in on this question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as far as i'm informed, Adobe did not agree internally whether to be #ProjectLincoln a product of its own or as part of Illustrator. (Once again they miss the chance here.)

in the meantime try this: https://insights.datylon.com/plugin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2019 Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It'd be great to get an update on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't seen much more about it, but after a quick search, I found that it was mentioned on an Adobe blog from 11/26/2018 A Picture is Worth a Million Data Points | Adobe Blog.​ However, that blog was for the Experience Cloud, not the Creative Cloud. So I don't know if that means anything, but maybe it's at least a good sign that folks within Adobe have continued to mention it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I met with the head of Project Lincoln during www.creativeproweek.com in Seattle just a few weeks ago. It is still in development and gaining support at Adobe. I wouldn't expect it out anytime soon, but I did get to see a real working version of it first hand and the potential is extremely positive. But at a guess, it's probably a couple of years away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bumping this.  I would love for someone from Adobe to respond to this question.  The archaic graph tool in illustrator is so far behind the times and this project looked so impressive when it was revealed.  It's coming up on 4 years since then.  Seems like they should either release it the way it is and note that they are abandoning support of it, or announce when they expect it to be part of CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I hate how they have handled this almost as much as I hate how they have treated the graph tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean Bernard Kerr? I met him too.

As i mentionned – it's political. Adobe is too big to make good/fast decisions IMO… Others just fill the gap 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines