• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Can't save the illustration Could not complete the requested operation. "error saving EPS

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not being able to save EPS files, everytime I try the following message appears: "Can't save the illustration Could not complete the requested operation."

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Hello auriwagmacker,

Sorry to hear about this experience. I would request you try turning off "Save in Background" and check if it helps.

If the issue persists, kindly check if you are saving to/from an external/network drive or a cloud-synced folder. If yes, kindly try moving the file to a location on the internal drive like the desktop and share your observations.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello auriwagmacker,

Sorry to hear about this experience. I would request you try turning off "Save in Background" and check if it helps.

If the issue persists, kindly check if you are saving to/from an external/network drive or a cloud-synced folder. If yes, kindly try moving the file to a location on the internal drive like the desktop and share your observations.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution does not work for me.

I already had "Save In Background" disabled. I can save an AI file, just not a PDF or EPS. The file is around 1.8GB as an AI file. File is simply two clipped images and black vector circles for registration for finishing.

This used ot work fine because I'm trying to update the same EPS I created last year with AI 2022 (same design). I simply did a color conversion on the images, then replaced them and tried to save. There are no stray elements anywhere on the artboard.

Mac Pro 2013, Ilustrator 2023, saving to local drive.

No networked drives attached.

File makes it nearly 50% across progress bar and pops the "Can't Save Illustration..." dialog box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell us the specifications of your computer?

Is there enough disk space left?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was there ever another solution found for this issue? This has randomply started happening and now that I keep getting the error message, I've been unable to save .eps files but can still save as everything else. Any help is appreciated! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2023 Jul 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was there ever a solution found? I 'm having the same issue and can't save EPS. It is killing my workflow and costing my company a lot money. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 05, 2023 Jul 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi DJones13! I posted on my own thread and was nearly tore apart by peers because apparently .eps is an outdated file type and the industry no longer uses it. That was news to me. There has been no solution and after a few days back and forth with Adobe and Apple, it was determined that Adobe was not ready for the M2 release. I've just been saving as .ai as now that's supposed to be the industry standard. I'm not sure if you can search for my post to read through the replies but if you're interested, you may be able to find it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2023 Jul 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a solution that seems to work (for me at least)

Set "Preview Format" to none.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2023 Aug 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Turning off the Save in Background from Adobe Illustrator did not work for me. I was trying to Save as EPS from a 226.5 MB vector file. 
I did what rtrbama mentioned to set the Preview Format to None instead of TIFF and it got the file exported. I was able to open the eps file on Adobe Illustrator but not in Photoshop (which is what I needed). PS gives me an error "Could not open because Photoshop was unable to parse the Postscript.
Unfortunatelly, this is what the prodution company is requesting. EPS for Photoshop outputs in specific TIFF sizes.
I am using Adobe Illustrator 2023  27.8.1
Photoshop 2023 24.7.0
MacBook Pro 2019 - Ventura 13.4.1
Processor:
2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9
Graphics:
AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB
Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB
Memory 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

I have more than 500 GB free space and saving directly on the hard drive.
Please advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines