• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Converting text objects with variable fonts and colored" message while saving?

Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This error has been happening more and more lately.

Simple files with NO FONTS, no variable data. Only placed flattened photoshop files, again, with no fonts. 

It's getting more and more annoying. Any fixes?

MacOS 12.6

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020)

3.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7

40 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Screen Shot 2022-10-25 at 1.41.47 PM.png

AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8 GB

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Hi @ColdFyre,

We are sorry for the trouble. We are able to replicate this behavior with a couple of specific files shared by other users. A bug has already been logged with the product team, and they are investigating the issue.

Would you mind upvoting this UserVoice and adding your comment? By doing this, you will get updates and helps prioritize it. Also, it is the best way to communicate with the Engineering and Product teams regarding issues or feature requests.

I will reach out to you

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @ColdFyre,

We are sorry for the trouble. We are able to replicate this behavior with a couple of specific files shared by other users. A bug has already been logged with the product team, and they are investigating the issue.

Would you mind upvoting this UserVoice and adding your comment? By doing this, you will get updates and helps prioritize it. Also, it is the best way to communicate with the Engineering and Product teams regarding issues or feature requests.

I will reach out to you if any further information is required.

We appreciate your time & patience.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

#Marking as correct in order to highlight

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I now have this issue using Illustrator 27.0 and saving Press Quality PDFs. Before updating to 27.0, was working just fine.

MacOS 12.6, Macbook Pro M1 Pro, 32gb Ram.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2022 Dec 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I was freaking out because I had the same issue, and I couldn't even save with a different name, nor on a separate folder, BUT I SOLVED IT!

Check the location where you are trying to save and look for any TEMP name or something weird-looking. Then, delete it (them) and empty your Trash Can. Try saving it again, now with a different name. It worked for me.

I suggest deleting all UNUSED COLORS in your Swatches palette and ensuring you are working with fonts you are used to, even if you have to change them later. It may not be related, but it helped. My concern was being able to save and at least didn't lose my file (and time).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 23, 2022 Dec 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a general practice, I delete all unused colors by default on every job I work on. I have an action tied to shitft-f12. I loath a cluttered swatch list lol! I can tell you that it doesn't make any difference for this file saving issue for me.

I also looked to see if there is a temp file, there isn't. Only time there is a temp file is as soon as I hit the save button, one generates automatically but goes away as soon as. the file is done saving. I'll keep a look out to see if there are any floatiig around in the future though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 27, 2022 Dec 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @ColdFyre @Douggy95,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing your observation. The team is investigating the issue and has requested sample files. Would you mind sharing the file here or via DM with me? It would be really helpful for us. Also, would you mind confirming your system specs, OS details & exact version of Ai?

Looking forward to your responses.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I cannot share the file here since, as everyone else here is posting, it's EVERY FILE. It happens every single save.

Model Name: iMac

Model Identifier: iMac20,1

Processor Name: 8-Core Intel Core i7

Processor Speed: 3.8 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 8

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 16 MB

Hyper-Threading Technology: Enabled

Memory: 40 GB

AI Version 27.1.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just share one of those files. If the engineers don't get those files they cannot reproduce the issue and then will never be able to solve the issue. I assume you want a solution, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand your point & appreciate your point but lets be honest, with the myriad of posts and reports UserVoice, one more file is not going to help Adobe resolve a well known issue.  They are either going to fix it or or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see 14 votes on the Uservoice and none of them posted a file. So how do you think they should fix it when they cannot reproduce it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @ColdFyre,

We understand the issue is happening with many users and a lot of files. But until now, we have received only a couple of files that helped replicate the issue on our end. We need more files to investigate as this issue is related to some specific files, not all the files. It would be really helpful for us.

Thanks,

Anshul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines