• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"fichier introuvable"

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

illu-ficher-issue.jpgHey, I'm using Illustrator (actual version) at work and get an alert trying to open an .EPS from shutterstock.

By the way "fichier introuvable" means "file not Found" in french (no idea why it is in french, u see i use adobe in german). I already red about it, seems like working on a file server is the issue.

Who did not using a file server in a bigger company?

I have to temporary copying the file local, use it, and copy back - That is the answer? Adobe knows about the issue for about 5 years and still did nothing to fix it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Which kind of file server is that?

which language is the system?

The issue with file servers is known for a little longer than 5 years, there's a technote about it.

The reason is that there's a lot of traffic on a network. There are lots of different components taking care of network traffic. And lots of different hardware. I guess it's close to impossible to test them all to make this reliable. And even if someone makes this possible then probably nobody would like to pay for it.

Illustrator support for networks and removable media

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Same issue in 2022. I just wanted to tell everyone that it was a very long file name for me. Very long filenames could create problems on file servers. I renamed the file and it worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which kind of file server is that?

which language is the system?

The issue with file servers is known for a little longer than 5 years, there's a technote about it.

The reason is that there's a lot of traffic on a network. There are lots of different components taking care of network traffic. And lots of different hardware. I guess it's close to impossible to test them all to make this reliable. And even if someone makes this possible then probably nobody would like to pay for it.

Illustrator support for networks and removable media

That said: a lot of people were able to set up their network in a way that Illustrator doesn't have these issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2017 Feb 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for delayed response.
Our file server is Windows Server 2012 R2. Language is german.Nothing special?!

Maybe the GPO is the issue?

"Run as admin" and compatibility-mode are off/unchecked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2017 Feb 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think that anyone here can help you sort this out.

There are just too many parts in a network that might interfere.

The issue might be some setting in some driver for some network device. That actually happened to someone who reported network issues with Illustratir in hilfdirselbst.ch forum. He changed a setting in a router or switch and Illustrator worked.

So you might need to analyze all your network components thoroughly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same issue in 2022. I just wanted to tell everyone that it was a very long file name for me. Very long filenames could create problems on file servers. I renamed the file and it worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines