• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Illustrator CC 2019 would like to record your screen" in mac OS catalina

Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently updated my mac to the latest mac OS Catalina, and all my apps were asking for permissions. Most of the things they wanted to use I understood. But Illustrator asked a bit of a sketchy question. 

"Illustrator CC 2019 would like to record your screen"

If I permit Illustrator to do so they can record my screen at all time's even when not in the Illustrator programme. It seems a bit weird and I don't get why illustrator would want this. Is there anyone who knows why illustrator asks this and if I should give permission.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

When you're not prepared for paranoid system settings, you shouldn't have upgraded to Catalina. This setting enables Illustrator to sample colors with the color picker for example.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not quite sure how this reply is marked as "correct". This issue is persistent, and even when granted I cannot sample outside of Illustrator. I remain unclear as to the purpose of this permissions request or the features it supposedly supports. Be nice if Adobe responded as promised. Running latest MacOS and CC2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In order to sample colors from outside, you will have to Shift-click with the eyedropper inside the document, then while holding the mouse button move the cursor to where you actually want to pick from.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you,

That does seem to work in Illustrator. I enabled screen recording in InDesign and Photoshop, restarted those apps, and the function did not work in either. May require a system restart though not in a position to do that currently.

Thanks for your response.

Tony Novelli

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines