• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Quick Actions" Menu is extremely hard to find

Explorer ,
Feb 18, 2023 Feb 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies if this has been mentioned already, but I'm finding that the location of Illustrator's "Quick Actions" menu is extremely unintuitive and hard to find.

Is there a reason it can't just be another panel that I can dock on my interface -- rather than being a menu that I need to get into by clicking on the "Search" icon... which opens a separate window called "Discover"... which then contains dropdown item called "Quick Actions"... which I might notice if I knew to look down within a section called "Browse"? 😕

Screen Shot 2023-02-18 at 17.41.16.png

Dont get me wrong: I love the potential of the new "Quick Actions" interface. It's just a shame that it's... not so quick... to access.

TOPICS
Feature request , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2023 Feb 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a public forum with 95% of users being not even staff.

You might want to bring this to the attention of the developers by posting to https://illustrator.uservoice.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 05, 2023 Mar 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I understand that. However, I wanted to post here because it was more of an abstract idea -- and I was hoping to get more discussion going on it.

Also... the Adobe Illustrator "new feature" summary documentation recommends sharing ideas here 🤔.

Screen Shot 2023-03-05 at 09.11.07.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Feb 20, 2023 Feb 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

F1 doesn't work for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My shortcuts list F1 as being mapped to `Illustrator Help`, but nothing happens when I press it.

(Illustrator 27.2, macOS 12.6)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any other issues you've been having? I don't want to suggest you create a new user and instal into that if this is your only problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not particularly, thanks.

The main idea I wanted to convey with the original post was about the user experience of accessing the "Quick Actions" Menu. It seems quite cumbersome given how useful it can be -- and quite obscured for anyone who may not have discovered it yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use it, but since you've mentioned it, I've noticed that what you choose from Discover stays sticky, so if you find out what your F1 conflict is, it might be useful to pull it up Discover/Quick Actions with one key press - although I'm guessing if you quit you have to choose it again on your first relaunch... I s'pose you've looked into whether this is Keyboard Shortcuts enableable (not a valid scrabble word)...

(I just tried the Old School "Quick Action" and it basically deletes my text and substitutes a different font in a completely different size, not sure how that's at all useful. I think I'll just go back to being ignorant about Discover...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines