• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Shapes" transformation tab not appearing -- can't edit corners!!!

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! In any of my workspaces, there is no "Shapes" Tab in order to edit my shapes. I see that it should exist as it is selected, but all I can see are Transform and Appearance with no options to edit the shape.

Please help! Is this an illustrator bug? I don't see what I could change in my settings to bring it back up!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Illustrator is this?

Which shape?

Draw, edit, and re-edit shapes easily |

Please show a screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 23.0.3

I am trying to edit a rounded rectangle. The rectangle properties do not appear in my Control Panel as I need them. I realize that the shape tab is available immediately after I create a shape, but if I use free transform then the option disappears. I am unable to go back to the shape menu if I want to change something about the shape after using free transform. Here are two screenshots; In the first I have just drawn a rounded rectangle, and in the second I have just used free transform on the rectangle.

Both the live corners and the

Screen Shot 2019-04-03 at 5.12.43 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-03 at 5.15.39 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bottom one is not a rounded rectangle anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am following a video tutorial, and this editor seems to have no issues in accessing the shape's properties after using free tranform...

After Effects character animation workflow - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you give us a hint? That tutorial is 1:20:00.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you click on the link I have it set to start at 3:02 (when what I am talking about is happening).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Coys,

Looks like hard work to watch with no narration or subtitles.

I think he is switching, via keyboard short cut ,  to the Direction Selection Tool  (the white arrow)

and draging  out a selection with that,  over the anchor points , to make the little  corner widgets appear.

They won't appear when selected with the normal Selection Tool (the black arrow)

Once you have expanded the shape, ie  with the Free or Prespective Distort tools,

you won't see the widgets   properties anymore in the Transform panel itself

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines