• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Use artboard" not working when exporting from Illustrator v27.5 on windows 11

New Here ,
May 05, 2023 May 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded laptops.  On my previous laptop, I would click "use artboard" when exporting to .jpg, to get a cropped image without a bleed. However, when I try that on my new laptop, I get an image that includes the bleed. I'm using Adobe Illustrator 27.5 on a Window's 11 laptop.  I can't find a setting anywhere that I can change to fix this.  It's so frustrating.  It worked on my old laptop. Why can't I get it to work now?  

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
May 05, 2023 May 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Aleigh_Oop,

Thank you for reaching out. We're sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with the "Use Artboard" feature when exporting to .jpg.

Would you mind exporting through "save as web" and ensuring the "Clip to Artboard" option is selected in the export dialog box?

This should ensure that the export is limited to the artboard and not the bleed.

Also, would you mind resetting Illustrator preferences and seeing if that helps?

If this doesn't solve the issue, please share the file with us, and we will further investigate the issue.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2024 Jan 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Anshul,

I've just tried this and found that it does work, but even using the highest settings available it exports at 72dpi.  My clients require better resolution than that (yes, even for proofs). It's detailed work, they are very particular, and this just won't do.  Can you please just have your people put it back the way it was -- If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Now I have to export a PDF, then open that in Photoshop at the resolution I want, flatten it, then save as a JPG.  The old way was a simple one-step deal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2024 Jan 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just started happening to me too. 

But I've had the same laptop for more than a year using windows 11 and up to today it's worked just fine. 

The only way around this is to export a PDF withOUT crops and bleeds then open the PDF in Photoshop, flatten and save as a JPG*.  I even tried dragging the .ai file into PS but it, again, included the bleed area.

*you used to be able to save an unflatted PS file as a jpg and the flattening would happen automatically.  As if we don't have enough steps to copy with!!  They just keep changing things for the worse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2024 Feb 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can use Export > Export for Screens to export artboards without bleed as JPG.

For Scale you can choose Resolution and specify your own. You can click the cogwheel to set the jpeg options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines