• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Radial repeat images becomes uneditable are now labeled <Non-Native Art>

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using the radial repeat tool for a while now with no problems. I had a number of radial repeats on the canvas and everything was working well until I saved the file and closed it. Now that I have reopened the file to work on it the ability to edit the radial repeat images is gone and they are no longer editable vector images. It's as if they've been converted to png. When I double-click on the image it says that it is now <Non-Native Art> meaning it has come from outside the Illustrator program which I know is not the case. Is it possible to make these images editable again?

TOPICS
Draw and design , Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have probably saved it as a legacy version like CC or as PDF without Illustrator editing capabilities.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It wasn't saved as a pdf. But I will check my settings more carefully the next time I save the document and see if that is the issue. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is easy to replicate when you save as a CC file. 

You can try to select the Non Native Art and choose Object > Flatten Transparency.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was an excellent work around. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good to hear that helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines