• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Radial Repeat

Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2024 Jan 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I used the radial repeat tool to create a flower shape and then grouped the center circle with all of the radial repeats I created (a total of 7.)

When I select the flower, the only part which shows selected (blue anchors showing) is the original circle in the very middle from which the radial repeats were made. When I move the flower, it all moves together since they are grouped but wondering why the blue anchor points aren't showing up on any of the radial repeats when the flower is selected.

I just want to know should I be expanding this as an effect or is this just the way radial repeat looks when selected, that only the original object which was selected to repeat, shows the blue anchors? I've included a screen shot of what the flower looks like when selected.

Thanks so much.

TOPICS
How-to , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 25, 2024 Jan 25, 2024

To expand the live object, you may go to Object menu > Expand ...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which tool is active?

Can you try the selection tool?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Monica, in the screenshot I included the (black arrow) selection tool is active.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To expand the live object, you may go to Object menu > Expand ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kurt, OK, I'll see if I can expand it. That was what I was trying to figure out, if the radial repeat is an effect or not that needs to be expanded. I'll give it a try and see if the radial repeats show the anchor points and paths when selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Kurt, that did it. I guess I now need to expand the all the flowers in my pattern swatch to close the loop. Thanks for your help! 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines