• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Can't finish previewing. There isn't enough memory

Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like this is an issue with the latest release of Illustrator CC 2019 (23.0). This is the first time I've ever experienced it on any version. But now it's quite annoying. The only workaround is to restart Illustrator. I'm writing here so that hopefully it will be noticed and fixed. I'll try to report directly to Adobe as well if possible.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Hi All,

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.1

Please refer to our knowledge base FAQ – https://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in while updating.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a fix and is available in the pre-release build. Please visit https://adobe.ly/1o2SDsg and get the latest build for version 23.0.1

While the build is prerelease this build is still of production quality. Please feel free to use / recommend it for your day to day activity.

Warm Regards,

Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same issues from the latest update. Every day it crashes and goes blank with the ram notification. I've also noticed that when multiple tabs are open in Ai that it won't update to the images on that specific tab it will show the artwork from lets say Tab 1 across all open windows/tabs. Only solution is to shut it down and restart.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying it even crashes after the 23.0.1 update that Ashutosh posted?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i think it's all started with this evil looking chick showing middle fingers....

Screen Shot 2018-10-24 at 11.41.53 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2018 Oct 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMGGG!!!!! I can't express how angry I am right now!!!!! I have been working on two projects one in Illustrator one in InDesign, and after saving the files they have crashed and have not opened to original! I had to start from scratch!... I work on the projects day and night! Go to bed at 3 am!.. And wake up to  "every thing is gone".... I will download the fix and hopefully will get to finish what I am working on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using the 'fix' for a few days now and it appears stable

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any idea when this fix will be pushed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's available now if you join the pre-release program. There's a link at the top of the page, I think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Larry, I see it's available for pre-release, just wondering when it will be ready for prime-time. I hate deleting all preferences, that's almost as big of a productivity hit as dealing with this bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe never announces stuff like this so you will just have to keep checking here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator v23.0.1 is available for download. Installing now… will report back!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installed v23.0.1 two days ago and it's working well so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.1

Please refer to our knowledge base FAQ – https://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in while updating.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issues with virtual memory and preview fails go back years.  I am updating as I type, but I find it hard to believe you've solved this issue.  It seems like recent updates and feature sets are making .ai more and more unstable.

My preview issue are catastrophic, as Im sure everyone else's are.  One file will fail, it will spread to all open tabs like a disease, one after the other, and before I can emergency back-up, the patient dies, ungracefully, like an Ebola victim shitting out their organs.

Its extremely disheartening to see a thread like this going back to

Maybe stop building more and more features and updates and make sure something as vital as Illustrator  is rock solid.  Not to be bougey but I was working on  2020 Olympics collateral when ai last CAKED its PANTS.

As they say about subscription models on Shark Tank:

"...and for that reason, Im out."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This update did not fix the issue, now it is impossible to open anything as all is greyed out and I can't do anything with ai.

Seems like a lot of us have the same problem: the fix hasn't fixed anything.

When is this REALLY going to get fixed?

Running:
iMac (Retina 4K 21,5 inch late 2015)
10.14.1 Mojave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hate to tell you but this didn't do crap to fix the problem, so glad I pay for a prescription for a program that doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. It happens about 10 times a day forcing me to quit and relaunch illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One little issue for those using the latest Extensis Suitcase Fusion Version 20. Auto activation for fonts hasn't been working due to Suitcase plug in not being up to date with this adobe patch. Very frustrating. Don't install Illustrator CC 23.01 if you expect fonts to auto activate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear you are having a plug-in issue with Suitcase Fusion and Illustrator. Please contact our Support Team so that we may help you resolve your issue:

Extensis Technical Support

Contact

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same issue with photoshop. Had to deactivate the plugin there as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updates to latest version. No other applications open. Same thing. Simple drawing. Cant finish previewing.

Adobe you have a problem. PLease sort it out. Your latest update makes no difference

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

C'mon Adobe!  updated to latest version and I have to go back to the patch one instead. nothing has been fixed with latest update. Same issues, same headaches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here!

The issue is not fixed yet and it made it impossible to work with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are extremely sorry about this bad experience. If the issue is still not resolved after updating to version 23.0.1 I would request you to please contact our support team for one-to-one support.

Contact Customer Care

In case you face any issue while initiating chat please refer to this link: https://indd.adobe.com/view/71f09a02-3841-4249-b701-14276522cf0e

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2018 Dec 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m still having this issue with 23.0.1. Constantly getting the message “Can’t finish previewing”.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines