• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Illustrator CS6 slow performance while using cut/paste commands

Participant ,
Dec 24, 2018 Dec 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I have the same problem Illustrator CS6. Overnight (no changes in the machine i am aware of) copying a set of drawings in an 325k file to the clipboard takes 3 minutes instead of the usual 5 second, and the machine display a message

Filenane @150% (CMYK preview)

or

Filenane @150% (RGB preview)

This is win 10, all updated, 32 GB of RAM, reboot did not help

HELP !!!!!!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 26, 2018 Dec 26, 2018

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. As CS6 applications are not fully compatible with the latest operating systems, there is very less that we could suggest. Any attempts to troubleshoot the install could result in it becoming unusable. We strongly recommend upgrading your software to a newer version that is supported. That way, we can provide you with tech support and access to the latest updates and bug fixes.

For more information, please refer to this help article: Older versions of Adobe Illustrator system requirements

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 26, 2018 Dec 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator CS6 is not fully compatible with Windows 10.

That apart: has there possibly been a Windows update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. As CS6 applications are not fully compatible with the latest operating systems, there is very less that we could suggest. Any attempts to troubleshoot the install could result in it becoming unusable. We strongly recommend upgrading your software to a newer version that is supported. That way, we can provide you with tech support and access to the latest updates and bug fixes.

For more information, please refer to this help article: Older versions of Adobe Illustrator system requirements

You could try resetting preferences for Illustrator: How to set preferences in Illustrator

Hope it helps!

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Monika and Srishtib have said CS6 is not supported for Windows 10 to begin with even though you have been able to work with it up until now. It is important to realize, however, that Windows 10 updates automatically for most people without any regard as to how it will affect even supported programs. It is, therefore, not unusual that something that was working correctly one day may no longer function correctly or at all on the next day. Using old software with the latest operating system means that it may stop being usable at anytime. If what you do is critical to your income then the best advice is that you either get an older machine (possibly from eBay) with an older version of Windows or subscribe to Creative Cloud and get the latest version of Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 03, 2019 Jan 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks everyone for your input. I use illustrator for doing medical drawings for education and this is not profit so I try to keep budget low. For the time being I used a restore point and got back to my happy previous situation. I realized that Adobe had a better revenue stream with subscription and I certainly can't blame them, but for the little guy who uses just a few prevents of the capabilities of the program this is very expensive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2019 Jan 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

fetusticianpj  schrieb

I realized that Adobe had a better revenue stream with subscription and I certainly can't blame them, but for the little guy who uses just a few prevents of the capabilities of the program this is very expensive.

You can happily keep on using the old versions until your computer breaks down, but you have to do so on an old system. It's not that hard to understand that no company can keep adapting their old versions to new systems while continuing to develop new versions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines