Exit

Reg AI and EPS File Information

Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2016 Oct 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hai,

I have a doubt.

Please clarify that is it possible to read the Compound Path information from the .ai or .eps file(without open the Adobe Illustrator)?

Regards,
T.Selvakkani

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Guide ,
Oct 31, 2016 Oct 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not really, no. It was possible with super old versions but after version 7 (5? I can't remember) there's no longer a publicly available library do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2016 Nov 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Patterson,

Thanks for the quick response.

Is there any way to open the ai or eps files just to read some information from the file through API without opening the Adobe Illustrator ? Even the licensed lightweight applications should also be fine.

Our intention is to reduce the time needed to open illustrator UI in the background. We are looking for any lightweight application just to run the API functions to read some information, the illustrator UI display is not needed for us.

Our requirement is something similar to RealDWG from Autodesk for AutoCAD API functions, for illustrator.

http://techsoft3d.com/developers/technical-documentation/autodesk-realdwg/

Regards,

T.Selvakkani

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 01, 2016 Nov 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They may be a library from Adobe that that provides that kind of functionality. I know there's one for PDF files, and AI documents are related to PDFs, but I believe licensing it is pretty expensive. I can't remember who we talked to about that though. I'd start with contacting Adobe and seeing what they say.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 02, 2016 Nov 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EPS files can be easily parsed.  Keep in mind that EPS files generated by Illustrator consist of two parts:

1) AI private data  ( Illustrator tries to use this data if you open EPS file). It's kind of integrated copy of AI original file.

2) EPS or Postscript data ( which is used if you place file into  current document or if  AI private data is absent).

The example of EPS part for simple rectangle (look for "%ADOEndClientInjection: PageSetup End "AInumberofVersionEPS")  :

0 0 mo

0 501.842 li

361.701 501.842 li

361.701 0 li

cp

clp

where "mo"  is for MoveOut, "li" is for LineOut, "cp"  means closed path, "clp" is for Clip (part of compound path) - as far as i can remember.

So from technical point of view  reading information from EPS file is possible, but you need to either implement your own parsing library or use 3dparty library (kind of ghostscript i suppose).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Friends,

I try to get the Layer name of path Art from the Eps File.

But I cant found the Layer name in the Eps File.

Is it possible get the Layer Name of  path  from Eps File.

If it is possible then please give your suggestion.

Thank You Friends,

Nathan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2016 Nov 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear Friends,

I am trying to read values from eps file and calculate bounding box of each objects.

And I have a doubt ,how to separate coordinates of each objects in eps file.

I found that There are Diffrent separator available between objects in Different  EPS File.

The separators I found are f,@ and ef.

Is any common separator available in Eps File  to get bounding box of each Objects.

Please see the image given below.

BoundingBox.PNG

I want to get bounding box of each objects Q,R,S,T,... Individually.

Please give your Suggestion to get bounding box of each Objects from Eps file.

Please note that,

Each Objects contains one or more Closed paths.

Thank you Friends,

Natahn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines