Exit

Regression in versoin 27.0 - SVG tspan not handled correctly

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

When I place the following SVG

<svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg"	xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink" viewBox="0 0 500 500" width="500" height="500"><text><tspan>60</tspan></text></svg>

And then try to export the object back to SVG, I get

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" width="36.86" height="39.2" viewBox="0 0 36.86 39.2"/>

The tspan content is gone.

Without the tspan it works ok. It also works fine in AI 26.5

The example is an extract from a larger SVG object created through the Datylon plugin 

Seems like an AI regression bug. Any chance it will be fixed in later versions?

Tx!

Peter

TOPICS
Bug , Third party plugins

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Hi @peterc19015888,

We are sorry for the trouble. Thanks for creating a UserVoice and sharing the link here. Would you mind checking this UserVoice and confirming if this is the exact issue that you are facing?

If yes, I would like to inform a bug has been logged for this, and the product team is investigating the issue.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should report that a a bug:

http://illustrator.uservoice.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @peterc19015888,

We are sorry for the trouble. Thanks for creating a UserVoice and sharing the link here. Would you mind checking this UserVoice and confirming if this is the exact issue that you are facing?

If yes, I would like to inform a bug has been logged for this, and the product team is investigating the issue.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Both are related to tspan, but in the case I describe the content is ok in AI when placed (this does not seem to be the case in the issue you refer to). In the case I report it is the SVG export that is wrong. Completely wrong as the text is gone.

So similar but afaics, not the same

Tx!

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for checking & clarifying that, @peterc19015888.

I will forward this to the product team. Also, I logged a bug yesterday already with the team.

In the meantime, you may revert to an older version. We appreciate your patience.

Reagrds,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @peterc19015888,

The product team is unable to reproduce the issue. Would you mind sharing the Ai & SVG file along with a small screen recording demonstrating the issue & screenshot of your save settings? It would be really helpful for us.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Attached a screencast illustrating the problem.

Tx!

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @peterc19015888,

Thanks for being patient and sharing these files. The product team replicated the problem at their end, and the developers will fix it in future releases.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines