• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Relink multiple images at once?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2010 Aug 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I manage a design department where we're constantly working with documents that have multiple placed and embedded images in each. As an example, we often have 10 instances each of 4 different images in a given document. These links are constantly changing and being updated on a per-client basis. My concern is that my designers waste a lot of time relinking these embedded graphics as the software prompts the user to relink each one individually. If the designer needs to replace 10 of the linked graphics with, say, "Royal Mahogany", they have to select all 10, select the relink option and specify the file they want to replace the graphic with by clicking on and placing the selected file for each instance of the graphic. So if they're replacing the links of 10 images, they have to select and place the desired file 10 times. Is there any way to select multiple placed images and replace them all at once? Note that the images we place into the file are stored in multiple locations on server, subdivided by material, manufacturer, color, finish etc. I've had my IT guy working on a script for this but thus far he has been met with little success.

My team is using CS3 mac version currently but we'll be upgrading to CS5 soon. This is a huge time-waster for my company. Help anyone?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

Hi All,

We understand how important it is to be able to relink multiple images at once in Illustrator. Our product team is aware of this and has been working to improve this functionality.

We highly appreciate your feedback and would like to request you to upvote the following UserVoice link and add your comments there to make it more prioritized as the product team has started working on it (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/333657-illustrator-desktop-feature-requests/suggestions/32307445-autofind-missing-links-like-in-indesign

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2024 Jul 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

seems like adobe like to give lip service to this feature.. its ridiculous in this day and age.. you cannot replace all links with another link.. it boggles the mind.. Original request was 2010.. its 2024 now lol.. 14 yearfs to add a checkbox.. replace all same links.. common adobe.,. no more excuses, get this done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2024 Jul 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

According to this comment "we are working on a solution and you will soon se a fix" here:

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/333657-illustrator-desktop-feature-requests/suggestions/484...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines