• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Removing overflow imagery from a clipping mask

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I build graphics in Illustrator that I then animate in After Effects by importing the Illustrator file. I like to add textures to the graphics in Illustrator by placing a transparent TIF file in a clipping mask. I've learned that the textures slow down the already slow rendering speeds in After Effects so restructured my process to add the textures to my Illustrator graphics at the end of the project.

The problem is, the masked TIF image texture changes the dimensions of the graphic even though it is invisible. This destroys the placement of my graphics in After Effects since they are all mapped to the original dimensions. 

Is there any workaround to this? Rasterizing the graphic changes the dimensions as well. I've included a screenshot of everything that is in the clipping mask in case this doesn't make sense immediately. Thank you for any help!
TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Advocate ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm curious to know if this works... instead of masking your placed tif texture into a clipping mask, if you instead create a swatch of the texture by dragging it to your swatches palette. Then, click on your clipping mask shape and fill it with the texture swatch?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines