• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resizing Logo Vector to Adapt to Different T-shirt Print Sizes

New Here ,
May 30, 2024 May 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi members, I'm face the problem of repetitive resizing of logo/vector images in the T-shirt design in Adobe Illustrator file every day.

PROBLEM: The logo designed for the S size T-shirt will be too small when it is printed on a 2XL T-shirt.

In short, I'm working on a desktop-to-print role, I need to resize the image of the T-shirt design to adapt to various T-shirt sizes, such as S,M,L,XL, 2XL and more.

Despite there is fixed template and outline size for each of the print-ready file, I need to resize each design to adapt the size MANUALLY in Illustrator. 

Question: Do you all have a faster way that can adapt all sizes with 1-click instantly? Or any AI solution to recommend?

Thank you.

TOPICS
Draw and design , Feature request , How-to , Print and publish , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2024 May 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you put the design into a symbol and then have one file that contains symbol instances for all the different outputs, then you could just put your new design into that symbol.

You could also do it on output if you output it in SVG, PNG, or JPEG via the Export for screens function.

And there is a script by Sergey Osokin that scales artwork to the artboard size. So if the design proportions are the same, you mabye can use that. https://github.com/creold/illustrator-scripts/blob/master/md/Item.md#fitselectiontoartboards (FitSelectionToArtboards)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LHtan,

As I (mis)understand it, your task is to scale up a logo made for an S size T shirt to sizes M - 2XL.

This may also include a positioning by you, especially since you mention "I'm working on a desktop-to-print role,"

Apart from the problem you mentioned, "PROBLEM: The logo designed for the S size T-shirt will be too small when it is printed on a 2XL T-shirt." there is also the complication that the T shirt proportions change with size, generally width growing more than length (and generally differently for different parts, but in this case there is no need to consider neck and sleeve).

Since you mention logo, and valid for most T shirt artwork, you obviously need to keep the proportions of the artwork.

The simplest approach is to simply scale up the logo by the Chest (width) measure, which will lead to its keeping the same proportion of the width.

That may be fine, but might be more obvious if the design is made to fit a size in the middle of the range such as M (maybe the one with the greatest sale), rather than one of the extremes.

Anyroad, this approach will lead to an increasing proportion of the length and of the entire front area, so another approach could be a weighed scaling by both width and height (maybe WxH to keep the proportion of area).

In any case, adapting the position of the logo/artwork is also important, and has to be done by someone.

One simple approach might be to centre the logo/artwork where the Chest is measured (more or less at the bottom of the arm hole), obviously depending on the width/height proportion of the logo/artwork itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you have consistent scaling values for each shirt size? You can make an action for each size to scale, and center to artboard. You can then set the actions panel to buttons. If you have all your sizes in one document, you can make this one click to make all 5 sizes and position them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines