• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Right-click bug with new OSX update (El Capitan)

Explorer ,
Oct 02, 2015 Oct 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I just updated to new OSX El Capitan, seeing that no compactibility issues with Adobe Illustrator were reported. But after I started it, I found out there is no right-click any more. Context menu won't show up no matter what I do. I tried everything, CTRL+left click, disabling Graphic Acceleration, and all the usual stuff, but it didn't help. Then I disconnected my external monitor and right click menu started showing up again. And when I connect my external monitor, the right-click menu gets disabled again. It doesn't matter which monitor I use for Illustrator, it happens on both of them. I'm using an Macbook Pro 15" Retina 2013 with GeForce graphics card.

Does anybody know a solution for this? For now I have to choose if I will work 2x slower (without external monitor) or 3-4x slower (without right click) and my job is suffering.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 30, 2015 Nov 30, 2015

Hello,

We have fixed this issue in our latest CC 2015.2 update. Please apply the patch using Adobe Creative Cloud application.

If you do not see the patch right away

1. Go to Adobe Creative Cloud application
  2. Click on the Gear icon on the top right
  3. From the menu select “Check for App Updates”

Regards,

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2015 Oct 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated my wacom driver to the latest 6.3.15 and ctrl-click still does not work with the additional display attached.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2015 Oct 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just set your Mac monitor to be primary one.
Move top menu bar to the mac monitor.
Illustrator will run on mac monitor, but you can drag most of the tools secondary monitor. It is not the best solution, but until this is repaired by Adobe it is the easiest one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tested 10.11.1 beta this am using a 2008 MacBook Pro as a target boot disk on my 2011 iMac dual screen setup.  Right Click worked !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any idea on the release date?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue as of today, which is odd. Oddly, enough, I've had El Capitan installed since release date and just now I started having issues with it.

I'm using an 2015 MacBook Pro + Thunderbolt display + Wacom Intuous Pro tablet. Uninstalled and reinstalled Illustrator, my tablet, my mouse and multiple system restarts with nothing.

This has completely killed my productivity with a MAJOR deadline looming. Completely unacceptable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2015 Oct 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem!! and a bunch of weird fonts are showing up in my Illustrator!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2015 Oct 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just adding my voice to the throng:

• I also am having this problem
  • I also have a secondary monitor and a tablet
  • I have submitted a bug report
  • And I also have major deadlines looming

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2015 Oct 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here : (

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2015 Oct 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spoke to Adobe support on Friday and they are aware of the problem and working on a fix although they didn't have a date when an AI update would be released. They offered the following solution:

"So you can go ahead and delete all preferences, remove all Adobe plist files and restart the computer, it should be working for you afterwards ."

Although I haven't tried this so cannot say if it works, I just switched back to a single monitor setup for the time being.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Tried this. Didn't work.

Would have to do this every time you run Illustrator.  The suggestion of trashing ALL .plist for adobe IS STUPID.  If you use Dreamweaver, Photoshop.. there goes your settings!

Why do the smart people at Adobe NOT TRY several startups and reboots to see if the fix is permanent!

My dumb solution of attach a 3rd Monitor JUST TO UNPLUG is probably an easier solution!

This type of Clear it all out solution offered by Adobe Support is a mindless response.

And WE PAY FOR THIS with Creative Suite monthly fees!

When will Tech companies expect Tech Support people to be able to actually think and Troubleshoot.

Right now they are just good at searching internal documents.  IF they understand the issue you might get a solution.

I don't think that is asking too much.

Was it an Adobe of Apple bug?  Clearly an collision of code that both should respond to quicker than they have.

There has been TWO Lightroom updates since el Capitan to fix broken stuff.  So Adobe can fix code if pushed.

If this lost right click function was needed to print the paychecks of Adobe's Staff, it would be fixed in a heart beat.

I'll step down from my soap box now..

OS 10.11.1 update should fix this, the beta version DOES fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Engraver,

OS 10.11.1 update should fix this, the beta version DOES fix it.

What is the hidden meaning of this, apologizing for a possibly silly question?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2015 Oct 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Waiting adobe fix, this is a possible workaround solution

Eun/DisableMonitor · GitHub

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2015 Oct 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update to OS 10.11.1 DIDN'T fix the problem for me. Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2015 Oct 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 29, 2015 Oct 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem.

Mac Pro. 2 monitors. No wacom tablet.

Adobe still hasn't gotten their palettes to behave on a second monitor that is 4K. It's ridiculous. How funny their software is more buggy since they purchased Macromedia.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2015 Nov 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved this right click missing issue by flopping my screens. In System Preferences - Displays - Arrangement...swap the arrangement then reposition your actual monitors to accommodate the change. Not sure why this worked or why I even tried in the first place, but it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this mean I would have to change my entire workstation layout? (Which isn't an option for me.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved this right click missing issue by flopping my screens. In System Preferences - Displays - Arrangement...swap the arrangement then reposition your actual monitors to accommodate the change. Not sure why this worked or why I even tried in the first place, but it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We still need a permanent solution for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

seeing that no compactibility issues with Adobe Illustrator were reported.

You didn't look very hard! Only about 300 people reporting this issue here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My 2nd screen is to the Left. 

Tried moving it ALL ABOVE and Still to the LEFT and the Right Click continues to function. 

Placing the 2nd screen so any part is directly left, kills the right click.

So, For me.. I'll try with the 2nd screen to the Left and ABOVE the main screen.   Not as drastic as moving it to the right.  Time will tell how confused I'll get.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 13, 2015 Nov 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

got a work around that is very easy....

empty this folder, then change attributes to Read Only.

~library/preference/adobe illustrator 19/en_US/WSMgrCfg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked. Thank you Engraver    .

There is always an easy solution to every problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this fix. This works for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Engraver‌ Where does one locate said library folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines