Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rotation

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2021 Oct 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

radon5DF0_0-1633948310602.png radon5DF0_1-1633948452822.png

I want rotation around a point  but without rotation at individual origins.

I hope you got my question.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 11, 2021 Oct 11, 2021

There are a couple of other ways, for example:

Select one unrotated smiley, make a Scatter brush out of it and set its rotation relative to the artboard (see Scatter brush options dialog). Then create a single anchor point, apply the brush and (copy) rotate it with the Rotate tool.

Another way is to select one unrotated smiley, create a symbol and (copy) rotate the symbol instance with the Rotate tool. Then select all symbol instances and choose the "Reset Transformation" command in the Symb

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Object > Transform > Transform Each solve it?

Make sure that the elements are not grouped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Object > Transform > Transform Each...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ton, are you saying this is a one step transform i.e. you transform each about a specific point (cos I don't know how to do that), or it's a two step process, rotate about point, and then individually rotate to "straighten'?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Met1, I probably misunderstood the question and Jacob gave the right answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

radon,

You can (also) use a Blend between the original smiley and a copy to the right, with one Step less than the smiley number and Align to Page in the Options, then Replace Spine with a circle cut at the top.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a couple of other ways, for example:

Select one unrotated smiley, make a Scatter brush out of it and set its rotation relative to the artboard (see Scatter brush options dialog). Then create a single anchor point, apply the brush and (copy) rotate it with the Rotate tool.

Another way is to select one unrotated smiley, create a symbol and (copy) rotate the symbol instance with the Rotate tool. Then select all symbol instances and choose the "Reset Transformation" command in the Symbols palette menu.

Another way is to use envelopes, rotate them as desired and then release them with the "Release" command in the Envelope Distort submenu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kurt,

The smiley Rotation thread lives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found @Kurt Gold  symbol method best and easy.

Thanks for your time and I really appreciate your answer. 

Good Job @Ton Frederiks, @Jacob Bugge , @tromboniator 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to do like this? Is there any alternate method?

Please have a look at this video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use Kurt's Symbol method: make a symbol of the original number, rotate & copy with Rotate tool, select all symbols, Reset Transformation from Symbols panel flyout menu, then Break Link in Control panel, Properties panel, or Symbols flyout menu.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it may live, Jacob.

I always wondered why there are no straightforward options to do this kind of rotation.

Even the more recently introduced Repeat feature does not provide it, although it would certainly be useful.

By the way, tomorrow the white stuff will probably be there here for the first time in those early autumn days. Time to make a little-bitty snowman.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are that lucky, Kurt, I hope you will post that little-bitty one to show It is here; as the earliest ever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be here tomorrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter, Kurt,

No show?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, Jacob, at least over here there was a short and chary show with snowflakes that looked more like dust particles.

Impossible to make even the smallest snowman I can imagine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At least it tried, Kurt, unlike here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nothing here, either. Not even at my daughter's house on the ridge. We've seen some across the bay, but at a much higher elevation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines