Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rounded corners rectangle handle missing on certain anchor point

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2021-10-26 at 15.27.39.png

So I want to make the anchor on the top right rounded, just like I did on the top left. But for some reason there isn't a rounded corner handle available at this certain anchor. Al anchors in this object are joined though.
Why is this, and how can I solve it? Any ideas?

Thank you in advance.

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the Anchor Point Tool (Shift + C and nested with the Pen Tool). Click on the anchor point, hold, and drag out the handles. Then you can use the Direct Selection Tool to adjust the handles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer @Myra Ferguson !
I do see the handles to change the shape of it indeed. But unfortunately it won't let me add the rounded corner handle to it though. But maybe I have missed something in your description?
In my screenshot you can see the white dot within the top right corner is missing, while it is there in the top left corner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't see if your path is closed. Try the outline view.

Also: check if there are maybe duplicate anchor points on that corner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help @Monika Gause .
Below are a few screenshots of the outline view, and zoomed in onto the top right corner. 
The path is closed and it seems like there are no duplicate anchor points.

Screenshot 2021-10-26 at 17.12.52.pngScreenshot 2021-10-26 at 17.13.25.pngScreenshot 2021-10-26 at 17.13.35.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you test the duplicate anchor points? If you click on it one with the direct selection tool and move it, what happens?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share this sample Illustrator file (.ai)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Kurt Gold , I have just sent you a message with the illustrator file. Thank you for looking into this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw your wireframe (outline mode) showing the line, but on the color versions the furthest right 45 degree line on the "V" doesn't look like it's connected... it could just be a screen resolution anomaly of the posted screenshot, but if that isn't a closed path, you won't see the widget. The line in outline mode maybe a duplicate object below the purple one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmh, I'm not sure if you perhaps shared a different file.

This is what I see when direct selecting the path.

corner_widgets_001.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same trouble. I created a square, used the "-" pen tool to remove one of the points (creating a triangle) and there are no round corner control points visible anywhere. I enlarged the shape after reading some small objects won't present these control points but nothing's working.

R.Cates
CSI Productions
If you want peace, be peaceful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you using the Direct Selection Tool?

Do you have Corner Widget turned on (Show)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CSI,

I'd recommend to share your sample file (.ai), so one may have a look at it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines