• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saved pattern files (color swatches) are broken

Participant ,
May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have previously saved several patterns in the color swatches library (as .ai files). After I updated to the latest Illustrator version (I guess that's the reason) and now try to open my saved patterns, this message below opens in illustrator, I don't understand why. Translated into English it says: This is an Adobe Illustrator file that was saved without PDF content. If you want to open the file in other programs, you should resave it in Adobe Illustrator with the "Create PDF Compatible File" option enabled. This option is found in the Illustrator Built-in Format Options dialog box that appears when you save an Adobe Illustrator file using the Save As command. 

Please help! Skärmavbild 2023-05-16 kl. 09.32.55.png

TOPICS
Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

What happened was that the file attached opened instead. Help center asked me to go through these steps and it somehow solved the problem for now (if anyone else has the same problem).

Skärmavbild 2023-05-16 kl. 13.01.33.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That should not prevent the file from opening in Illustrator.

What happens if you open it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happened was that the file attached opened instead. Help center asked me to go through these steps and it somehow solved the problem for now (if anyone else has the same problem).

Skärmavbild 2023-05-16 kl. 13.01.33.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to hear you can use them now, although I do not understand what cloud documents have to do with the problem. Swatches files are local saved .ai files that are indeed saved without a pdf version, but that is not needed for opening them as .ai.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know, I don't get it either ... but it seemed to solved the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines