• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

saving ai and svg files to computer

Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2022 Aug 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to illustrator.  I was able to export some files I made to .jpg and .png to the computer.  However, I can't save any .ai files to the computer (only to the cloud). and I cannot download .ai files from the cloud. I also am getting html file when saving as .svg. 

HELP...I need to send to printer and I can't get the right files.

TOPICS
Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

thanks for your comments. I was on phone with support for an hour. 

It was just ai files...i can save the same file as pdf, svg, jpg etc just fine. It appears to be a file issue probably with the layers.  If I take the object and repaste into a new file it has just one layer and I can save. that's the workaround for now. but for the long haul it still puzzles me.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2022 Aug 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually fixed my .svg problem.  but still have the .ai problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure to choose the save to file option in the save dialog → seems counter intuitive, but click on save to cloud, you'll get a second dialog and in the bottom left there's an option "On your computer"...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks tried that. but it still didn't work. It gives me an error that it may be read only (can't see that it is) or don't have required permissions. I've tried saving it in various places.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know you said computer, but just checking you are saving to the computer's hard drive...

Is it just this file tyou are having problems with? Is it just Illy? Can you save from other apps to the same destination folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for your comments. I was on phone with support for an hour. 

It was just ai files...i can save the same file as pdf, svg, jpg etc just fine. It appears to be a file issue probably with the layers.  If I take the object and repaste into a new file it has just one layer and I can save. that's the workaround for now. but for the long haul it still puzzles me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i know you're having issues saving.. but is there any way you can share the file that's giving you trouble?

Are there any linked/placed files in your document that could be causing permissions issues?

Where specifically are you saving the files? The desktop? documents? some subfolder of one of these? 

If you systematically move things in/out of the file and then attempt to save, are you able to identify any specific artwork that causes the error?

What kind of artwork is in the file that you can't save?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines