Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving Preferences

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2023 Oct 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

So today I accidentally made a mistake and disabled editing capabilities into my designs. I've been trying to recover editing capabilities to it, but not sure how to. Is there any way to change that certain setting and recover how to edit my vectors? Thanks!

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you have perhaps locked, via your operating system, this particular file?
Are you able to edit old or new files?

Could you also please explain exactly what "disabled editing capabilities" means?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you save your work, there's a checkbox where I unchecked a setting called preserve editing capabilities. I'm not sure if it's possible to recover that setting in PDF format. It was out of habit..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. Now I understand.
Have you tried opening the PDF in Illustrator? You could then do a Save As and create an Illustrator file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Probably not.

When not saving with editing capabilties, your effects & brushes & stuff will be expanded. If they were pixel based, then you might even get pixels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines