Copied

image0 (22).jpeg

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jun 21, 2023 Jun 21, 2023

Hi @Isabel21968643tv6h!

I'm sorry to hear that you're still experiencing the script error in Illustrator despite trying the previous steps. In this case, I recommend deleting the "Startup Script CC" folder from the following locations:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe
  • C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe

Deleting this folder can help resolve any issues related to scripts. After deleting the folder, please restart Illustrator and check if the error persists.

If you continue to enc

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We would need to see the script to know exactly what's going on. But based on what information i have in front of me, I suspect the startup script is attempting to access an active document (of which there is none during startup). Either that or it's trying to access some other object or property that is not yet defined.

edit to add that if you're trying to use a photoshop script in illustrator, you may run into issues. Some stuff is cross compaitible between Illustrator and Photoshop. But in general, scripts are built for one specific application.

What is your script "photoshop.jsx" supposed to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seeing as you're not explaining anything, are you saying that when you start Illustrator the file photoshop.jsx tries to run? As you can see from your photo, the file photoshop.jsx is in a Photoshop directory - I have one in exactly the same place. If you open it in a text app is the first line "#target photoshop"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry. I misunderstood this, and thought you were OP responding to my other comment. disregard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No worries, the OP seems confused anyway...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Corrie226743134ig4,

We are sorry for the trouble. I would like to know if you are still facing the issue or not? If yes, I would request you to share a few details like:

• The exact version of OS and its built number
  • The exact version of Illustrator
  • When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates, plugins, or web extensions installed recently.
  • Would it be possible for you to compress the Startup Script folder in the Zip file from the location mentioned in error and upload it to Creative Cloud/ Dropbox or any other similar service and share the download link here with us?

Also, when does this error pop up while launching the app or while using the app? Does the app close/ crash or start not responding after clicking on the "Ok" button?

We are here to help. We just need more information.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Illustrator is doing the exact same thing, also with Photoshop.jsx I/O error. Started around mid-April 2022 and I've tried reinstalling Illustrator but to no avail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Eleanora5F93,

We are sorry for the trouble. We are having debug sessions for this issue with the product team as we are unable to replicate the issue on our end. Would it be possible for you to have a debug session with us? If yes, please share your Adobe email ID, Phone number with country code, preferred time & day for the meeting, your timezone, and country & state you live in over the DM only.

However, if you don't want to do a debug session, you may try the following steps, which have worked for others:

1. Update Windows OS

2.  Delete or move the "Startup Scripts CC" folder from the following location to the desktop:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe

I will be looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm also having the same issue and it is preventing me from being able to use the asset exporter.

I did not write the photoshop.jsx script or install it from another source, and in the script it contains an adobe copywrite.

I'd be happy to help you try to replicate this issue, but I will be deleting this folder first as I have timelines that this issue is holding me up on.

Cheers,
Stephen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uess you can share the script os that we can see what logic might be failing, it will be impossible to help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running windows 10 pro, version 21H1, OS build 19043.1826
I've attached the .jsx file (I had to change the file extension to .txt because this forum wouldn't allow me to attach a .jsx file) that caused the error, is that what you're looking for?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hmm. it does say in the comments that it can be used for "other adobe apps" in addition to photoshop... But the very first line in the script attempts to target Photoshop.. So i think it would make sense that if the script is trying to execute inside illustrator, it will error out when trying to target Photoshop.. replace line 1 with this:

#target Illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @stephenp11764104,

We are sorry for the trouble. I hope the issue is resolved for you by deleting the "Startup[ Script CC" folder.
If not, would you mind deleting it from the following locations?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe

Also, I would like to inform you this is happening on the windows system only, and it can resurface again after any Adobe app updates. So, if it happens again, simply delete the folders.

Kindly update the discussion if you still need assistance with it. We'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anshul,

I've deleted those folders and it was working for a while. However as of today the folders were back (and causing the same issue) so I deleted them again, however, the issue is still happening and I cannot use the asset exporter now.

Do you have a path towards fixing the offical adobe instals so that this doesn't happen when updates are released? It doesn't seem reasonable to need to delete program files I didn't create to make this software function.

Thanks,
Stephen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @stephenp11764104,

We are sorry for the trouble. A bug has already been logged for this issue, but we are unable to replicate the issue in-house. If you haven't deleted the folders and you are still facing the issue, would it be possible for you to have a debug session with us? If yes, please share your Adobe email ID, Phone number with country code, preferred time & day next week, your timezone, and country & state you live in over the DM only.

Click my profile picture and use the " Send a message" button to send a DM.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked without updating windows OS.. 
Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear that. Please feel free to reach out if you run into any other questions or issues in the future. We'd be happy to help. Thanks!

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI there

I have the same issue and deleting the folders doesn't work for me. Can I also get some support or do I need to start a new Thread?

Regards

Claudia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's really frustrating that we're unable to use this platform that we're paying good money for. I think you really need to relook at the service support being provided.

So many users are living with this problem everyday and a solution hasn't been provided despite it being a bug for nearly 3 months now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @whatsgolden159  @Aamir Ahmed Khan,

We are sorry for the trouble this issue has caused. I understand how frustrating it is. Our engineers are investigating the issue. This issue is completely dynamic. There are different scenarios where users are facing this issue. We have worked with multiple users on live sessions, but we are unable to replicate them on our end. We have collected multiple users' preferences and the Startup Scripts CC folders, but we still couldn't replicate this issue on our machines.

Would it be possible for you to have a debug session with us? If yes, please share your Adobe email ID, Phone number with country code, preferred date & time next week, your timezone, and country & state you live in over the DM only.

Click my profile picture and use the " Send a message" button to send a DM.

Regards,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2023 Jun 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A year later, another update to Illustrator, and I am having the same problem! I tried all steps above and I am still getting the same error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2023 Jun 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Isabel21968643tv6h!

I'm sorry to hear that you're still experiencing the script error in Illustrator despite trying the previous steps. In this case, I recommend deleting the "Startup Script CC" folder from the following locations:

Deleting this folder can help resolve any issues related to scripts. After deleting the folder, please restart Illustrator and check if the error persists.

If you continue to encounter the same error or need further assistance, please update the discussion. We'll be glad to continue helping you troubleshoot the issue.

Best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2023 Jul 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

photoshop.jsx Line 1: I/O not working

how to fix this problem

please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2023 Jul 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Aminur30981905njbn,

I'm sorry to hear that you're encountering a script error in Illustrator.

To troubleshoot this problem, I recommend trying the following steps:

Close Illustrator and other Adobe apps and, navigate to the "Startup Script CC" folder & delete it. This folder is located in the following directories:

Restart Illustrator and see if the error still persists. If the error no longer occurs, it's possible that the issue was resolved by deleting the folder.

I hope this helps, and please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2023 Nov 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't get over the fact that using adobe products today is many times more annoying than using adobe products 10 years ago. It's been building up and in a way I feel bad because I rarely complain about things, but for 3+ years straight, using photoshop has been more and more of a pain in the a**.

Sincerely, at this point, I can't wait for the software that will dethrone this bloated piece of software that we depend on so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines