Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Script error

Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! I am getting an error every time I open Illustrator:

Script error in C:/ program files X86/ common files /Adobe/ Startup Scripts CC / Adobe In design / indesign/v17.0.jsx

Line 1:

I/= error

How can I fix it? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Hi @StianShowoff @SARA22110113elm8,

We are sorry for the trouble. We are investigating this issue, and we had a debug session with a couple of users, and deleting the Startup Scripts CC folder worked for them 100%.

Please share the screenshot of the error you are getting.

Also, I would suggest you delete it from the correct location. For some people moving the folder to Desktop or deleting it from a couple of locations has worked:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe
C:\Program Files\C

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the Using the Community forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Illustrator forum so that proper help can be offered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, other than that I can't save my files as well, everytime I try to save it my ai will crash and show " the operation can't complete bcs of an unknown error." .-.

Script error in C:/ program files X86/ common files /Adobe/ Startup Scripts CC / Adobe In design / indesign/v17.0.jsx

Line 1:

I/= error

How can I fix it? 

By @Victoria Parre
  1. quote

Line 1:

I/= error

How can I fix it? 

By @Victoria Parre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi to whoever facing the same issue, I contacted Adobe team and we tried to fix this issue months ago, but it took me for two weeks (insane...) and they still can't find out what caused this. After that I gave up and uninstall the entire adobe cloud and re-dowload it. and... guess what, everything back to normal.
Unfortunately Im facing the same problem now again but instead of contacting the adobe team, I will just repeat the same steps which is uninstall adobe cloud and reinstall the softwares... not sure the problem is from windows 10 or new updates from adobe but im kinda used to it already.. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @mingmonster26 ,

Sorry to hear about the trouble caused. This is not the experience we want you to have. We were able to resolve the issue for many users by deleting the "Startup Scripts CC" folder from the following location:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe

Let me know if it works for you.

I will be looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue exists for me.  It's a program error from Adobe in my opinion that needs to be fixed.
Only started happening when version's 26 started coming out, so suspect developers have cocked something up.
It's not helpful I know, but find it exceptionally frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also experiencing this error- with the same version 26 start date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Victoria Parre @mttorley @markv75295749 @mingmonster26,

We are sorry for the trouble. I would request you to share a few details like:

• The exact version of OS and its built number
  • The exact version of Illustrator
  • When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates, plugins, or web extensions installed recently.
  • Would it be possible for you to compress the Startup Script folder in the Zip file from the location mentioned in error and upload it to Creative Cloud/ Dropbox or any other similar service and share the download link here with us?

Also, when does this error pop up while launching the app or while using the app? Does the app close/ crash or start not responding after clicking on the "Ok" button?

We are here to help. We just need more information.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am glad to say that with the latest Windows 11 update that I ran YESTERDAY, I can no longer replicate the error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear that, @mttorley. Please feel free to reach out if you run into any other questions or issues in the future. We'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2022 Mar 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Line 1:

I/= error

How can I fix it? 

Sara2346420798xw_0-1648420575087.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2022 Mar 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also I can't save and export my files as well 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Sara2346420798xw,

We are sorry for the trouble. I'd be happy to help you. I would request you to share a few details along with the ones asked above:

• Are you getting the same error while saving the file?
  • Where are you exporting the files (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System/ External HDD)?
  • Are you facing exporting issue with a specific file or all?

We are here to help. We just need more information.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

- yeas

I can't save my files as well, everytime I try to save it my ai will crash and Close without saving

-  all file not save

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the details @Sara2346420798xw. Would it be possible for you to compress the Startup Script folder in the Zip file from the location mentioned in error (C:/program files X86/common files/Adobe/) and upload it to Creative Cloud/ Dropbox or any other similar service and share the download link here with us?

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

share here ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the link @Sara2346420798xw, but the link is dead, giving an error (404). I would request you to please share the download link again.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the link again @Sara2346420798xw, but I am still getting the error 404 when I open it.
I would suggest you try uploading the "Startup Script CC" folder on some other service like we-transfer, OneDrive, Creative Cloud, or Google Drive and share the download link again.

Anshul_Saini_0-1648830609890.png

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Sara2346420798xw,

The link you send is private. We are unable to access the file.Anshul_Saini_0-1648839336523.png

Please share the public link so we can access the file.

1. Right-click on the file.
  2. Click  "Get link."
  3. Under “Get Link,” click Change to anyone with link.
    4. Click Done.
    5. Copy and paste the link here.
    Anshul_Saini_6-1648839733984.png

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2022 Apr 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a solution to the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Sara2346420798xw,

I am really sorry that you are facing the issue, but we need the Startup Scripts CC folder to check what is causing this error. Unfortunately, the Desktop.rar file you shared doesn't include the Startup Scripts CC folder. For reference, I have sent a screenshot of the folder location. Please share that folder and resend the download link again. 

Anshul_Saini_0-1649076369378.png

I really appreciate your patience and time. 

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines