• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Script to expand and/or collapse Layers?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2013 Mar 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I've seen a very little bit of this topic in the forums but with no real resolution it seems? Like many others, whenever I open a file, Layers are randomly expanded in the Layers palette, very frustrating and time consuming to deal with.

Is there a way to run a script that collapses and/or expands all layers?

Thanks so much!

-S

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 04, 2013 Mar 04, 2013

sorry but no, not possible with scripting,

just note that the expanding is not random, you'll layers will expand if you have sublayers.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2013 Mar 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry but no, not possible with scripting,

just note that the expanding is not random, you'll layers will expand if you have sublayers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2013 Mar 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for adding the "just note..." comment. a simple AI behavior i was not aware of! been working in these files for years and never had an issue until someone else starting helping out. it never occurred to me that he was making sublayers and thus it never occurred to me that this could even be the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2013 Mar 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yeah, that's what happen when someone else "helps" you..if auto-expanding is driving you crazy try avoiding sublayers and if not possible...try maybe using groups instead of sublayers (to keep things organized), but it will be harder to tell them appart in the Layers panel, those are the only options I can think of

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines