• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Script to save different file formats

Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i am working in packaging at the moment and as many of you may know, print companies want a whole lot of different files. At the moment we give as a standard Low and Hi Res PDF, CS5 and CC Illustrator files, both outlined and with live text.

Having often a product range with many variants, this can be a demanding task.

I made myself an action, which cleans up unused colour, appearances and symbols and den saves a copy as the 2 PDFs, continues to save the 2 live text illustrator versions and then makes all layers visible, outlines text and saves those versions. All working fine with a folder structure i have set up.

I still have to package each file manually, and after i run the script, i have to change all the filenames, as the action does not provide custom name, as in the existing filename with ending CS5_OL for example.

I thought a script would take car of all of this. Maybe in combination with apples automator.

Any ideas out there, or did you come across a script like this once? And yes, i can not script myself.

Thanks, Dimitri

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Aug 24, 2018 Aug 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the same boat regarding scripting. Best I do is cobble together other people's scripts.

I've found Keyboard Maestro a good "missing link" (assuming you're on Mac). It has a "drag-n-drop" interface with much of the functionality of scripts (variables, arrays, if/then, RegEx, JavaScript, Applescript, Shell Script, etc.) but without needing to learn a new language.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2018 Aug 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it will be hard to find a script that does all of what you need, there are a few great export scripts, see if they do most of what you need and let us know

Export Illustrator Layers to SVG files | Thomas Byrne

Export Illustrator Layers and/or Artboards as PNGs and PDFs | Matthew Ericson - ericson.net

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 27, 2018 Aug 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Script for collecting files for a printing house

Maybe you could use this script and change some parts of it to fit your needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines