• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scripting Live Effects

Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've made a suite of javascript convenience functions to make it much easier to apply Live Effects in your scripts.

Get them here: AI Live Effects Functions. (Note that some of the functions don't work as expected: see my notes.)

I've had a lot of help from others on this site. Most of the information here has been compiled from knowledge shared by several other forum users, especially @CarlosCanto (with initial help from Adobe's Sanjay K) and @Silly-V.

Let me know what you think. - Mark

Edit: My original post was explaining the underlying process to work out the structure of the applyEffect XML parameter, but now that I've made these functions, most people won't need to worry about all that detail and should find the functions much easier to use. (For anyone interested, I've pasted the original notes in later as a reply.)

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Get them here: AI Live Effects Functions. (Note that some of the functions don't work as expected: see my notes.)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2024 Jun 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same hope as you, but I did not find a way to achieve it. Applying a graphic style or executing an Action are the only ways I know of. Neither are ideal.

- Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2024 Jun 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I share your frustration.. and the feeling that there must be a way. Alas, I couldn't find it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines