• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Searching glyph panel

Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2018 Jul 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even in AI 2017 I'm still manually searching through the glyphs for Greek letters, which can take 20 seconds of my time. Is there a solution that I don't know about?

In the Mac characters viewer, there is a search bar, favorites, and recently used character tabs which save me so much time. Where is this in Illustrator?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 21, 2018 Jul 21, 2018

Here's what you can do with the Glyphs panel:

How to work with special characters in Illustrator

If you have a feature request, please post it over there:

http://illustrator.uservoice.com

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's what you can do with the Glyphs panel:

How to work with special characters in Illustrator

If you have a feature request, please post it over there:

http://illustrator.uservoice.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I take it there is no other solution but manually looking through the glyphs panel like an operating system from 1998?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There weren't any Glyphs panels in 1998.

95% of people in this forum aren't staff. Those that are, are marked as such: it reads "STAFF" beneath their avatar. You want to post a feature request: do so in uservoice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was a reference to how not user friendly it is - not to be taken literally obviously!

I'm aware people here aren't employees of Adobe - but you never answered the question, you just pointed out a feature request service.

I'm not requesting a feature, I'm asking if anyone knows of a helpful work around, scripts, or some feature I am unaware of to help with this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign has a search box, Illustrator has not.

I have not seen a script yet. Or plugin.

So if you want this enhanced, please post a feature request. That's the only method to make the developers aware of your need.

In case they are repetitive, you might consider saving them to the CC libraries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi darkbloom3,

InDesign stores your recent glyphs, and also lets you create and edit your own glyph sets. Here's what is looks like in InDesign:

It's a great idea for Illustrator. Please post in the User Voice link that Monika gave you earlier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 01, 2024 May 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 2024 here. Very happy InDesign has this search feature when I have many icon glyphs to go through for certain fonts. So I don't readily see this search feature in Illustrator 2024 v28.5. Are you able to confirm that it's still not available. Just making sure I'm not looking in the wrong place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it is still not available in Illustrator 28.5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kind thanks Kurt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 27, 2024 May 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

As Kurt pointed out, this feature isn't currently available in Illustrator. However, you can show your support for this feature by upvoting the request on our UserVoice page. The more votes it receives, the higher priority it will have for implementation

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines