Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Serious issues debugging with ExtendScript Debugger in VSCode

LEGEND ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@sberic@erinferinferinf 
I continue to have serious issues using ExtendScript Debugger in VSCode (See this thread).

Rolling back to v1.1.2 worked until yesterday when it began to fail unexplainably (the Debugger panel briefly appears and dissappears. Script is not triggered).

v2.0.3 works but not if there is a "doScript" method in the script. It that case AI 2022 hangs and both Illustrator and VSCode must be restarted. The yellow "Choose Target Application" text does not appear in the bottom right of the VSCode window.

Edit:
After rebooting ExtendScript Debugger asked me to "Select Target Application". I can now use v1.1.2 again. 

Question:
When a script causes Ai to crash and Illustrator and VSCode are restarted ExtendScript Debugger 1.1.2 does not relink with Illustrator. How do I re-establish the link without rebooting the computer?

Edit:
By starting VSCode before Illustrator the "Select Target Application" appeared in bottom right of VSCode. I don't know if there is a better way to re-establish the link.

TOPICS
Bug , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

A followup:
I use a Keyboard Maestro macro to open VSCode. I recently changed the method in the macro for opening the program. Apparently that is the difference. Using the old method allows VSCode to re-establish connection to Illustrator while the other does not.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A followup:
I use a Keyboard Maestro macro to open VSCode. I recently changed the method in the macro for opening the program. Apparently that is the difference. Using the old method allows VSCode to re-establish connection to Illustrator while the other does not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines