• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

shape alpha vs layer alpha in cc library

Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2016 Nov 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed a bug or an unfortunate flaw or something that just isn't supported yet. I usually set a layer to a percentage of transparency so that if the shapes overlap in the layer it will not make a dark line in the overlap and it is also faster to set the layer and then make the shapes rather than make the shapes and edit the transparency after making each shape.

For this reason my shapes don't work well when going from Illustrator to Photoshop, After Effects or Animator. For some reason the settings for the layer transparency is ignored so all my shadows come out as solid colors. Yet if I remove the transparency setting on the layer and re-add it to the shape it works fine.

This would not be too big of a deal normally, but I have thousands of graphics with transparency on the layer so it would be a huge amount of work to try and utilize them via the cc library.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think this is one for the Feature request form:

Illustrator Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines