• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shortcut to select/deselect the "Preview" checkbox in a dialog box?

Explorer ,
May 01, 2019 May 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a keyboard shortcut to select/deselect the "Preview" checkbox in a dialog box?

Ex: While in the "Move" dialog box; Is there a way to turn the "Preview" On/Off without having to directly click on it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is not in Illustrator or in any other application I've worked with, sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Photoshop Filter dialogs for example hitting P does turn off/on the preview (at least for those that have a Preview).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can make a request in Illustrator UserVoice which will be seen by product managers and engineers, and where users can vote on your request:

Adobe Illustrator Feedback

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can TAB (repeatedly) until it's highlighted and then hit Cmd+Return to select it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks all for your answers.

So much for the 'Suite' of products actually behaving as one eh?

No matter - I appreciate your responses- as it's good to have a definitive answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have all at some time wished that all the applications worked the same, but it's not going to happen. It can get better but each product team answers to the requests made by their particular users. As I said above, make your wishes known on the UserVoice website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
May 02, 2019 May 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Monika,

I think your instructions are a little off.

I find you have to hit Tab to jump through the fields to the Preview checkbox.

Then press the Spacebar to invoke the checkbox.

Then press Tab to jump around again.

Cmd-Return will only apply the settings and close the box. Not invoke the Preview but let you keep working in the dialog box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cmd-Return definitely works for me and doesn't close the dialog.

Space does as well.

This might be affected by accessibility settings in the system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I try to wipe out all those accessibility keystrokes. But I'm glad it works for you. But spacebar is useful for anyone who's having trouble.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines