Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Since Illustrator 27.3.1 update, text selection not working correctly

Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.screencast.com/t/i8M7Z5qb  is a video of the problem:

You cannot select text, without it selecting all the text behind.  This is quite frustrating!!!!

Windows 10.

Thank you for any help.  I have to this project every week and it's cut and paste, and it's just impossible.

TOPICS
Print and publish , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Mentor ,
Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try doubling clicking to select a word, triple for a paragraph, or click at the beginning of your selection, shift click at the end...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2023 Apr 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even clicking by word, etc.  the same thing happens.  

But, thanks for the suggestion!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 21, 2023 Apr 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @dthomas815,

We are sorry for the trouble. I was able to replicate the same. But this functionality has been improved somewhat in v27.5, which rolled yesterday in some countries and will be available soon for all. Please stay tuned for this update and let us know if you still encounter this every time you select text.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 11, 2023 May 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, v17.5 has not improved at all for me.  It seemed to a little at first, but it's the same as it has been.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @dthomas815,

We have logged a bug to the product team, and they are currently investigating it. I will keep you updated on any advancements regarding the bug.

Best,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines