• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Soft Brush

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was wondering if the is a soft circle brush I can use? Like I know there is one in Photoshop, but is there something like it here?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

You can try to make a round Calligraphic brush.

Give it a Gaussian Blur, if wanted,change the opacity and blending mode.

Save as a Graphic Style.

Be aware that the result may have to be rasterised to print (just like with Bristle brushes).

Soft brush.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you can. There are bristle brushes in Illustrator! They are pressure sensitive!

Check this out:

Painting in Adobe Illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. I actually tried that set of brushes before posting. They aren't circles, so they have a direction to them. And since I'm using a mouse the pressure sensitivity doesn't work. I'm kinda looking for the basic soft brush. Its a circle. And when the opacity is lowered its great for blending. Also when I use the dropper tool it automatically goes to the fill and not stroke so I'm not sure how I can quickly change the brush colors. - Thanks, Jake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop works differently than Illustrator. Soft brushes are very difficult to make and will most likely not look how you expect them to.

Change the brush colors by selecting a different swatch from the swatches panel.

Please show us what you need this brush for. There might be other methods.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try to make a round Calligraphic brush.

Give it a Gaussian Blur, if wanted,change the opacity and blending mode.

Save as a Graphic Style.

Be aware that the result may have to be rasterised to print (just like with Bristle brushes).

Soft brush.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked! Thanks so much. now how do I save it so that it's always available and I don't have to put in these settings every time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can add it to the Graphic Styles and save the Graphic Styles from the menu Save Graphic Style Library.

But because Graphice styles libraries are just Illustrator files (like other libraries as brushes, swatches and so on) you can open any Illustrator file that contains that Graphic style from the Graphic Style Library menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines