Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Solidworks export to AI not exploitable by printer

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2023 Nov 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I design 2D drawings on Solidsworks and I want to import them to illustrator so I can add others design (colors, logos etc.). Then, I need to send a PDF export of my AI file to a printer.

The problem I have is that no matter the export options I choose on Solidworks and the format (.Ai, .pdf, .dxf), when I open the design on illustrator, it is segmented and I have to join each element so it can be exploitable by the printer.

Is there a way for me to import a file from Solidworks that is compatible directly and can be printed without have to join all segment separatly. I tried to explain on the image.

Thanks a lot 🙂

Nicolas

TOPICS
Draw and design , Print and publish , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2023 Nov 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is quite normal for CAD drawings. You could try the plugin VectorFirstAid (not free) to edit this kind of files in a kind of automatic way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2023 Dec 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

thank you for your help 🙂

Nico

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines