• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Solving "could not find a plug-in to read linked file" and linking Dropbox to Illustrator?

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone, 

Our design team shares a Dropbox where all of their working files as well as links are stored. When they work on eachothers files they have to relink the items, this is normal/not an issue.

We recently purchased a new computer (27inch iMac 2020) for the team and I have set up Dropbox and Illustrator on there the same as the other Devices (all 27inch iMac's 2017). The New Mac is currently running Mac os Monterey and the 2017's Big Sur and Ventura. 

When they try to relink the images ( mostly jpegs & pdf's) we get the error message "could not find a plug-in to read linked file" 

We have checked all the illustrator preferences are the same as on the other imacs and given full disk access and Desktop&Documents access to Illustrator in mac system preferences. - This was a suggestion on another thread. 

Any help is greatly appreciated please! 

TOPICS
Import and export , Sync and storage , Third party plugins

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Miss Summer2818566723of,

Sorry to hear about this experience. Would you mind moving the files to a location on the internal hard drive (like the desktop) and checking if it helps? Also, check if Illustrator also behaves this way with other files.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same exact issue. We use dropbox as our server and the illustrator files that I have saved in dropbox give me the same message for any files that are placed and linked in them. Any solution found yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines