• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Some blacks are not printing out in my PSD image placed in Illustrator

Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2023 Nov 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never entirely understood how to get the correct colour profiles/print settings/etc to get a decent print from illustrator out of my Canon Pixma iX6850. Currently I'm printing through Illustrator 2024 (28.0), which has a placed CMYK PSD image file in it (attached Image 1). When I print out though the new 'Print Centre', which appeared after upgrading to Mac OS Sonoma (14.1) on the plain paper setting my blacks looks fine. However when I put glossy ink jet paper into the printer and set the pref. to 'Photo' in my settings, the really dark black areas in my image, print out are like, a light grey colour (see attached Image 2 - an iPhone photo of my glossy paper printout). The areas in the sofa and the fireplace are not right. Even though there is 85% black in the PSD image, these areas print out a light grey). Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated. Cheers 

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 08, 2023 Nov 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @richardesignerUK,

Thanks for reaching out. Would you mind sharing more details, like the exact version of the OS/Illustrator, the color settings used in Illustrator and the document, and a sample file (https://adobe.ly/3udG2JL), so we can investigate this further?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anubhav,

I'm running Illustrator 2024 (28.0). Mac OS Sonoma (14.1). I'm using an M1 iMac. The Illustratror document colour mode  is CMYK. I've attached pictures of all the various settings I can think of. If you need anything else just let me know. 

Here is the link to the packaged IIlustrator file and PSD file: https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/59c42a21-81f3-4050-5334-4647c934ffa7

Cheers,

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those desktop inkjet printers are not made for CMYK input. I would feed them RGB files. 

Or do you want to have a proof of a job that you then send to offset printing? In that case you might want to use a different printer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2023 Nov 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Monika Goose,

I converted the 'Document Colour Mode' of my Illustrator file from CMYK to RGB. When I printed out my file it still had the same prtobelem as when I printed it out in CMYK mode. So unfortuantely this did not solve my issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines