• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Some text disappears when upgrading to Illustrator 2023

Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if anyone else has had this issue: I have a file where I have copied and pasted a table with text from Indesign (it's just easier to set up a complicated table in Indesign!) The file was fine until I upgraded and worked on it in Illustrator 2023, when I next opened the file all the text from the table had disappeared, the anchor points for the text were still there but no text, hidden or otherwise. The font I used was installed and open as other text in that same font and weight were visible.

I tried copying and pasting the text back in from Indesign but when I tried to move the pasted selection Illustrator crashes.

After trying some other things I decided to open the same file in Illustrator 2022 and hey presto the text was back! So I am assuming this is some sort of glitch in the new version of Illustrator?

File in Illustrator 2022:

Screenshot 2022-11-11 at 11.42.14.png

Same file in Illustrator 2023

Screenshot 2022-11-11 at 11.42.38.png

I guess I just keep working in the old version of Illustrator until it's fixed?

I am working on an 3.5 GHz i7 imac running OS 10.15.7

Many thanks!

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Hi All,

Just to add to this post that the issue has been resolved with the latest Illustrator update (27.01)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You say the anchor points for the text objects are still there. Is the text overset?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doug - here is the file in Ilustrator 2023 (27.0) in outline view, you can see that the anchor points are there but they are empty... The text can't be overset as it is not text placed in an area (and there is no 'overflow' symbol)

Screenshot 2022-11-11 at 15.58.20.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A larger screenshot would really help.

The font is installed correctly? Do you use font management perhaps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No font management software Monika, the font in the table is one frm Adobe fonts and opened from eth Adobe website. 

Here is a larger screen shot (I can't show any more of the file as it is confidential work in progress)

Screenshot 2022-11-11 at 19.20.16.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There has been a change in ID<->AI copy and paste.

So if this is reproducable, you might want to report it as a bug.

You should mention the exact font.

Please post bugs & feature requests to http://illustrator.uservoice.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the following steps:

1. Create table in InDesign

2. Copy paste 3x to Illustrator 26.5 (once by selecting all cells, once selecting the table as a text object, once selecting the frame containing table)

3. Save file

4. Open in AI 27

5. Repeat steps 2-4 starting a new file in AI 27

Both files look normal. There was a difference when copy & pasting the frame (AI 26.5 pastes it as PDF info and outlines some text, AI 27 pastes it as point text), but nothing disappeared.

Does it happen in a new file? Can you share a demo file if so?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi All,

Just to add to this post that the issue has been resolved with the latest Illustrator update (27.01)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines