• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stop CC from automatically opening files from the dock

Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2022 Dec 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, sometimes I dock an open Illustrator file and work on other files. When I close the files I am working on it automatically undocks the Illustrator file in the dock even though that isn't what I want to work on next. Anyone know how to stop that and leave the file in the dock until selected? Ta...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2022 Dec 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<moved from using the community >

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kglad, do I need to know where this has been moved to? Are there any responses?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i moved it to the illustrator forum. no one's responded.

you should be able to click the link to your message and see the message, where it's located etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks kglad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(you're welcome.  now if we could just get some one to respond..)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you using a dock in ai or are you talking about the mac dock?

if the former, see if this helps, https://helpx.adobe.com/incopy/using/workspace-basics.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Mac dock. When I select the 'minimise' yellow cirlce and dock the file, if I have another Illustrator file open and close that the other file pops up from the dock. But that isn't necessarily what I want to work on and I have to minimise it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't use ai much.  but i do use animate a lot. and ai and animate work the same way with respect to tabs.

ie, i often have several animate files open at the same time each of them in their own tab.  why don't you do the same with ai?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it happens with all CC programs actually but I would like to turn it off. I don't group my tabs, so they are all individually tabbed. I just want to be able to leave a file in the doc and select it rather than it automatically opening the program becuase it is the last file of that program open, and then I have to minimise it again, see attached screen record. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, but think about what your 2nd choice would be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It may be time for a feature request (you may want to search if a similar one already exists).

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines