• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Super-super Nudge? > Shift+Arrow 10x

Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2024 Feb 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any keyboard shortcuts similar to Shift+Arrow that moves object 10x, but for something higher like 100x?   Can Shift+Arrow be changed from 10x to 100x?

TOPICS
Draw and design , Feature request , How-to , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Maribay,

The only thing I can think of is changing your keyboard increments. Under: Illustrator > Settings > General. Adjust your Keyboard Increment to a higher number. I'm not aware of an additional shortcut beyond using shift though, sorry. You can always use "snap to" or align options, if those help...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  I keep the keyboard increment real small because I have to do placement down to the pixel.  But I also need to select objects and move out of the way temporarily and then move back to the exact same spot.  So other than shift-arrow like 20 times, I can't figure out a way to move an object out of the way temporarily and then move back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 29, 2024 Feb 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Within the Object menu are commands for...
Lock / Unlock All
Hide / Show All

Could these help? They also have keyboard shortcuts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried this.  This will definetly come in handy.  On my files, I have both very tiny adjustments I make with arrows, but also need to move objects across page with arrows so I can move item the exact amount by using arrow key say 10 times.  So I was hoping there's a way to make shift-arrow go from 10x to 100x.  Or a different keystroke.  like shift-control-arrow.  or something like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good to hear this might help. Best of luck finding a good solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines