• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SVG file appears to be different font

Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to save an AI file as an SVG file.  I've gone through the steps and saved; however, the font size and shape looks different when I open the SVG file.  I've done this for previous files with no problem. I've attached a PDF showing the difference (the top wording is the AI file, the bottom wording is how the SVG file appears).  Any assistance with this issue is appreciated!

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

It's probably a font that isn't marked for use outside the Adobe apps. You may need to convert the text to outlines.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Don't ever get yourself into a situation where you have to open a previously saved SVG in Illustrator again to edit it. SVG is not a work file format.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYmoZw8TgWE

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's probably a font that isn't marked for use outside the Adobe apps. You may need to convert the text to outlines.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that and it worked. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't ever get yourself into a situation where you have to open a previously saved SVG in Illustrator again to edit it. SVG is not a work file format.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYmoZw8TgWE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok thanks for the tip!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines