• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SVG file trasparency glitch

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having issues with some SVG files. Here's the link to an easy way to download the SVGs, here's the official Microsoft link where you get them all at once, they're Microsoft application icons. Initially I just tried dragging and dropping them into the .ppt file I needed them in, but they looked partially transparent when doing this. So I opened them in Illustrator thinking I could just mess with the transparency settings but everything was 100% opacity, also when opening in illustrator I got this error message:

"Clipping will be lost on roundtrip to Tiny"

And once I clicked ok all the dropshadows were messed up because I guess they were clipping masks.

Not sure how to fix this

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Check them out in the Layers panel. Watch out for the underlines. There are opacity masks applied.

Bildschirmfoto 2022-08-25 um 09.55.28.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like you have an issue with Power Point, not with Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's definitely an issue with the file itself because the transparency issue happens in illustrator too, screenshot attached

Screen Shot 2022-08-25 at 8.54.10 am.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check them out in the Layers panel. Watch out for the underlines. There are opacity masks applied.

Bildschirmfoto 2022-08-25 um 09.55.28.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The appearances are all created with "filters", so they need to be converted. That's inherent in how this stuff works. that aisde I concur with Monika. whatever issues you have in PPT likely don't have anything to do with the files themselves. I'd start by checking whether the Insert --> Graphic or Edit --> Object/ Graphic panel has not mis-rembered some settings from a previous image or you're not applying a default custom object style.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's definitely an illustrator issue because when i open the files in illustrator all the shading is messed up and the transparency issue is present, screenshot above, I've tried placing the svg in another illustrator file and the glitches persist, I've tried opening the svg in browser and then saving it as a PDF (found that suggested on another thread), and a bunch of other fixes that didn't work for me 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Tyler218906979p97,

Sorry to hear about this experience. I hope the suggestions shared by Mylenium helped resolve the problem. If not, kindly contact Microsoft Support for further assistance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/ and check if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines