• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Swatch Library to CC Library

Participant ,
Oct 06, 2017 Oct 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A client has sent several illustrator swatch libraries that I need to be in a CC library so they are usable in other programs. Is there an easy way to do this other than manually adding each swatch?? 

Or is there a way to have swatch libraries in Photoshop? - I can only get them to add to main swatch palette and that is not going to work for me.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Oct 06, 2017 Oct 06, 2017

A coworker figured out the answer, but I'm going to post here in case someone else has the same issue.

I selected the group of swatches in the custom swatch library palette, then in the main swatch palette flyout menu I was able to select Ungroup color group. Then in the same menu, Swatch options became available and I could select to add them to a CC library. Hope this helps someone

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A coworker figured out the answer, but I'm going to post here in case someone else has the same issue.

I selected the group of swatches in the custom swatch library palette, then in the main swatch palette flyout menu I was able to select Ungroup color group. Then in the same menu, Swatch options became available and I could select to add them to a CC library. Hope this helps someone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you save the libraries as .ase files you can open them in photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can add the colors from the swatch library to your Swatches panel.

Select them in the Swatches panel and choose Swatch Options... from the menu.

Then check the Add to my Library checkbox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does not work with gradients. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Global colors, gradients, brushes and pattern swatches are not supported in CC libraries.

But as a workaround you can drag an object using a brush/pattern/gradient/global color to the CC Library 

You can also drag multiple items using different brushes/patterns/gradients/global colors together into a CC library to simulate a library.

The easiest way to add them to a new document is to hold down the Alt key when you drag them from the library and place them in a new document. The patterns/gradients/global colors automatically get added to your swatches panel.

You can hit escape before you click to place the object(s) or delete the dragged library items because the swatches and brushes are now part of the document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're a hero.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the opposite problem... I have seven swatches in the a CC Library that I want to copy to the Swatches panel in my file. Do I just have to do this manually?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nevermind. I figured it out. (And for some reason I can't delete my original post. I hate feeling old.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Why would you delete your post? If you include your solution, it may help someone in the future. (Right-click > Add colour to Swatches?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines