• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Symbols - Edit mode default color

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The default color for editing symbols in Illustrator on my computer is Yellow. It's very hard to see. I can change it to any other color by opening the Layers window but as soon as I stop editing, and open it again in the future, it will be back to Yellow. How do I make the color change stay? Or how do I change my default color for Symbols? I've talked to collegues and they have different default colors on their's. 

Screen Shot 2023-02-07 at 4.05.53 PM.png

TOPICS
Draw and design , Feature request , Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Illustrator are you on? The current highlight is green. At least on my system.
Bildschirmfoto 2023-02-08 um 20.44.11.pngBildschirmfoto 2023-02-08 um 20.51.39.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

To change the colour, double click on your Layers Palette, then the Layers Option window will pop up. Click on the current colour and change it to the colour you wish.

Screenshot 2023-02-08 at 11.01.39.png

Let us know if this helps.

Sim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OP already said this ("I can change it to any other color by opening the Layers window but as soon as I stop editing, and open it again in the future, it will be back to Yellow").

kuiuhaley, I assume you have tried resetting preferences?

Is this happening on only new docs, only old docs, or both?

Not sure if this will solve it, but going forward you could set up a default new doc and make sure the layer colour is what you want. Google this, there's a bunch out there like this: https://productivista.com/new-document-profiles-saves-your-default-settings/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator version says 27.1.1

I just reset preferences and now for new docs it is green! So that's a win. So I guess going forward I should be set. This hasn't effected old docs though, still yellow when I open them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 10, 2023 Feb 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @kuiuhaley,

Glad to hear that resetting preferences helped. I suggest copying and pasting old documents' content into a new document and seeing if you get the green color as default. Also, the current version of Illustrator is v27.2. Would you mind checking it manually by clicking "check for updates" in the Creative Cloud app to check if you got the update or not?

Anshul_Saini_0-1676071148601.png

Please feel free to reach out if you need further assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks!,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines